30 Day Shred - Twice A Day??

Options
Just wondering what everyone/anyone thinks about doing the 30 Day Shred twice a day...once in the morning before work and then again right after work. Anybody try this or thought about doing this? I read about all of the fantastic results people have noticed, just wondering what twice a day would do....:wink:

Replies

• lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My gut says not a good idea. Those workouts are intense and short for a reason, and a lot of people even find once a day too strenuous on their bodies. When you get tired or burned out from not resting your muscles enough, you are more likely to get injured.
    I would say if you do choose to try twice a day, don't do the same level workout twice in the same day.

Edit: spelling, derp.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what everyone/anyone thinks about doing the 30 Day Shred twice a day...once in the morning before work and then again right after work. Anybody try this or thought about doing this? I read about all of the fantastic results people have noticed, just wondering what twice a day would do....:wink:

I've been doing 30DS for a couple weeks. About 3x a week I'll do 2 rounds, once in mornig and once at night. I added 30DS to my regular exercise routine. If I'm not going to the gym on a day, I will do 30DS. If I go to the gym and do my regular weight/cardio workout, I do 30DS just once. If you're just starting an exercise routine and haven't been doing anything before, 2x a day can be too much. If you're already doing a routine and you're adding 30DS, it's possible to do 30DS.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I do a couple levels per day of 30DS or RI30 occasionally. I also have her Extreme Shed and Shred dvd and she recommends doing both levels back to back. I tried that for the first time yesterday.
  • jess6522
    jess6522 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think it's perfectly fine! I'll sometimes do 2 in a row. I start with level 3 then do level 1 or 2 right away after. It's nice to get the hardest one over with first. If you've been working out for a while and are in decent shape, I don't see any problem with it!
  • jclengerich
    Options
    What is this 30 day shred? Someone clue me in please.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    What is this 30 day shred? Someone clue me in please.

workout DVD by Jillian Michaels. Has 3 levels. You can google 30 Day Shred and find it online. First level is on youtube now.
  • gem_cat
    gem_cat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS yesterday! Now I'm so sore, every little move hurts, even while I'm typing this my shoulders are in constant pain. I like how it feels though. It means that I worked hard! :bigsmile: I have to pop a pain reliever before I do 30DS today....

For the topic, I think if you've been doing 30DS for a long time, you can probably do it twice a day but like others said, try to do different levels.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I had about 4 weeks where I did them 2 in a row. 1&2 or 2&3, not usually 3&3 because all that jumping bugs me haha

just note yourself and if you are feeling weak or your knees hurt, don't push it.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I did do a challenge on here were we did 2 a day....and it changed everyday one day 1 & 3 next day 2 & 1 and so on. I had already done the 30 day shred for 3 months straight and needed to bump it up. It was great, but I did get burned out after a few weeks.

Good luck
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Strength training should be done every other day to give your muscles time to rest, not a good idea twice a day every day
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input. I did the 30DS last night and again this morning because I won't have a chance to do it tonight. My body agrees that maybe 2 times a day is a bit much. I did better last night after a full day of work, etc. This morning I did well, but not as well as last night. For now I'll stick with once a day on the 30DS and some kind of cardio like walking. :wink:
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Is 30 Day Shred a true weight training program, though, or is it more cardio-based? I just got it from the library, but I haven't started it yet.
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It's more like circuit training. You do 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of ab work. There are 3 circuits, at least for level 1. It doesn't sound like a lot of time, but by the time the circuit is over, you are ready to move to the next type of workout, It is a lot of work, but from what I hear the results are amazing. I have done if 5 days in a row and can already tell a difference in how my clothes feel.....no joke! Definitely worth giving it a try!
  • Janeyg49
    Janeyg49 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I need to speed up my shred as I have my son's wedding on the 11th of sug. I am on day 6 of level 1 and tomorrow I intend to do day 7 and day 1 level 2 back to back as advised....I will let you know how I get on!!!!
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your general fitness level. Even going hard I find the workouts intense, but not exhausting - even doing 2 back-to-back is only 40 mins of interval training.

I've been doing 30DS for a few weeks and have started adding in extra. For example, will do level 2, then the first 1 or 2 circuits of level 3. Sometimes more to mix it up than anything, but also because I don't feel fatigued after just one level.

Listen to your body though.

My gut says not a good idea. Those workouts are intense and short for a reason, and a lot of people even find once a day too strenuous on their bodies. When you get tired or burned out from not resting your muscles enough, you are more likely to get injured.
    I would say if you do choose to try twice a day, don't do the same level workout twice in the same day.

Edit: spelling, derp.
  • leimomikelly9
    leimomikelly9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing. I think it will be hard the first couple days but once you get use to it I think it will be fine. I plan on starting tomorrow. I know it is the middle of the week , but i cant wait! I will update with how it goes