Should I keep eating if I'm not hungry?

Options
I have been trying to ensure that I have my recommended daily intake of fruits and vegetables, calcium & iron, and I find at times I am forcing myself to eat just to make sure I am eating enough calories. I have continued to lose a significant amount of weight, so is this ok?

Replies

• 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm a believer in listening to your body. If you pay attention, it'll tell you what foods are good and bad for you and how much you need. Some people maintain a healthy weight and feel energized with fruits and veggies, some feel that way with lots of proteins and meat. If they switched diets they'd feel crummy and have poorer health. In the same way, your body will tell you when you need more nutrition, and when you've had too much. Computer formulas can only base recommendations off of generalities; follow the guidelines but if your body tells you otherwise, listen to it!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I respectfully disagree-- if you're used to eating very little you can train your body not to feel hungry, but that doesn't mean you're getting all your nutrients. Try adding some proteins, good fats, and calorie dense foods. You can also add protein shakes or smoothies to push you up to your calorie goal.