40 is around the corner and need support

Options
2»

Replies

• Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it! I'll be 49 this July, and let me tell you the 40's are the BEST years (so far, lol)! Good luck!
  • CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    40 was absolutely the BEST year of my life. Look forward to it. I lost 37lbs, started running, dumped an old boyfriend who was dragging me down, ran my first half-marathon, met the man of my dreams, got pregnant for the first time (shocker), and am getting married!!! All because I made a promise to myself. You can do this. Believe in the possibilities....they will more than likely be way more than you expect!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm not pushing 40 anymore; I'm dragging it and gues what!!! It burns calories! LOL

You got this girl!
  • beltran_y
    Options
    Remember that it's just a number! Stick to your goals and soon enough everyone guessing your age will be way off the mark. Good Luck!!
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I agree! I will be 49 this year, and my 40's have been MY BEST!!!!

I understand your goal. I was 90+ lbs overweight at 39, I also had a goal to not be "fat AND forty" at the same time (no offense meant, but that's how I felt). I lost MOST of my weight, but it actually took me 5 months longer to get to my goal. So just keep working it, you will definitely feel better by 40 , even if you don't reach your exact goal!
  • dicove
    dicove Posts: 36
    Options
    YOU GUY'S ARE AN AWESOME SUPPORT GROUP !
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? I usually have a glass of warm or room temperature water about 30 minutes before eating, and about an hour after. It helps me feel "fuller". (cold water can mess with digestion and that could cause some rumbling too :). Oh and btw, I just turned 40 last month.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi, I turned 40 in October last year and it honestly isn't that bad :smile:
    I had a goal to not be fat at 40 and I sort of reached it. I still have a bit to go but I've lost over 50lb and I weighed less on my 40th than I did at 20. I think getting towards 40 gives you a definite goal, it's like a milestone. Best of luck and feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • cookiemomlane
    cookiemomlane Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do it. One day at a time.

To help with that hungry feeling in the evenings try to up your water intake and eat more protein/carb mixtures. I use almonds to help me.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You can do this.. healthy life change takes time - keep your chin up and you'll succeed!

friend request sent
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Remember that 40 is just a number. Think about how great you're going to feel and how much energy you'll have! You said something about being tired. I used to go home from work and take a nap. That was a bad idea. I find the more I exercise the more energy I have. I still have to work on my diet but exercise is the fountain of youth.
  • aconcreteguy1
    aconcreteguy1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    feel ya!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in April of 2011 with the specific goal of not being overweight when I turned 40 in September! I met (actually exceeded) my goal. You will too! You can do this! :bigsmile:
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    It's great to have goals, but I've found it more rewarding to have non weight goals, too. Cuz that scale can be a finicky beast, grrrr. Eg, any races you might want to accomplish? A new dance class to have mastered? Beat husband at arm wrestling? Ya know, get creative. This fitness/health thing is fun.
  • dicove
    dicove Posts: 36
    Options
    I know water is an awesome way to feel full, but is there a difference between cold and room temperature? What other "snack" foods are not bad for you? suggestions welcome :flowerforyou:
  • Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Im 40 in November =/ im hoping if i can be in better shape at 40 than i was in 30 that i take it a lot better :) Feel free to add me!