BELLY FAT

Options
what is the best way to loose belly fat as fast as possible. i'm open to any and all suggestions. i've been dieting and exercising for about 2 mo. and i have lost inches everywhere else except my belly. what gives? and what works?

Replies

• Hesslau
    Options
    The best thing i know of is cardio. Try to do at least 30 minutes every day. In addition, make a time for yourself to stop eating. For example, "i will not eat after 7 pm". The later you eat the more fat will retain as opposed to using the night as a time to let your metabolism rest an rejuvenate.
  • jessicabass1
    Options
    The best thing i know of is cardio. Try to do at least 30 minutes every day. In addition, make a time for yourself to stop eating. For example, "i will not eat after 7 pm". The later you eat the more fat will retain as opposed to using the night as a time to let your metabolism rest an rejuvenate.

thank you. but i already do at between 30 and 60 min of cardio a day and lots of sit ups pushups and arm workouts. the only thing is i am not moving any belly fat. i've lost inches on my hips and neck and legs but not my gut.:frown: and it's getting frustrating.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem....I have mostly lower belly fat and then '"muffin tops" I workout 30-60 minutes 5-7 days a week, circuit training all days, and ice skating 2 days a week. I'm counting calories and eating healthy food. Help!
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    Belly is one of the primary places your body stores fat and will be one of the toughest places to visibly reduce. You can't spot-reduce fat, you can only keep losing fat in general and it will come off your belly naturally eventually. No specific exercise will change this. The only real shortcut would be something like lipsuction.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    kettlebell training :)
    won't spot reduce, but is an awesome workout.
  • starscreensiren
    starscreensiren Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am an apple shape and carry most of my weight in the stomach area. Honestly, the only way I was able to reduce fat was through weight training. Doing cardio alone I began to get "skinny fat". Heavy lifting with weights was the ONLY thing that worked for me with losing overall body fat and as a result, my belly fat.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    CAPS LOCK BURNS THE MOST BELLY FAT
  • jessicabass1
    Options
    well if liposuction is the only way i can reduce it than i will accept donations!!! lol
  • jessicabass1
    Options

what is caps lock?
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options

instead of cardio start weight lifting and lift heavy. and you can't spot reduce, your body will lose the fat accordingly.
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Belly is one of the primary places your body stores fat and will be one of the toughest places to visibly reduce. You can't spot-reduce fat, you can only keep losing fat in general and it will come off your belly naturally eventually. No specific exercise will change this. The only real shortcut would be something like lipsuction.

Agree, I have the same problem it will come off eventually:flowerforyou:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My tummy got flatter when I revamped my diet.

For me, eliminating dairy worked. Maybe you are just bloated and not as fat as you think you are???
  • buttercup922
    Options
    I can't say first hand this works, but I keep hearing that refined sugar is the culprit. That's why things like ketchup and dressings that contain sugar are worth identifying, because it's snuck into foods you wouldn't think would have it. So even if you eliminate it from obvious foods, you might still be eating it in other things.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. Keep at it and you will eventually see results all over. Strength training might help your overall appearance, if you aren't already doing that.
  • starscreensiren
    starscreensiren Posts: 46 Member
    Options

For me, eliminating dairy worked. Maybe you are just bloated and not as fat as you think you are???

That worked me for too - going veganish...
  • jillmillross
    Options
    Also if you've had kids, esp by c-section or any type of abdominal surgery (like my hysto) then it's likely the belly won't shrink w/o a tummy tuck or that's what my gp & gyn have said. :( I've gone from a size 13 to an 8 since this July and the pooch hardly shrunk at all, though i did go down a band size & a cup size.
  • KTKTP
    KTKTP Posts: 22
    Options
    PILATES is amazing if you breathe correctly during. The best way to know that you are doing it right is to go to a class and have an instructor fix your form if it is off.

As far as the breathing you have to forcefully and loudly breathe out your mouth in a quick breath and pull your belly button to your spine, it is the only way to activate the inner most layers of muscle in you abs. If you try it while just sitting you can feel it.

Hope that helps!
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I would have to say I am in the same boat as you are. I have been working out with my PT doing a lot of plyometrics, weights etc.. Although I was seeing results everywhere, it wasnt on the belly fat, but it is definitely going down but at a much slower rate that the progress I see elsewhere. I would suggest to put more strength training into your workout mix. That will definitely help to build muscle and burn the fat.
    Heard that CLA is supposed to help to reduce belly fat along with exercise and diet.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

what is caps lock?

I DON'T KNOW. ONE DAY I TURNED IT ON, AND COULDN'T TURN IT OFF.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options

[/quot

My husband cut out dairy and wheat and I honestly cannot believe the difference. We just eat gluten/wheat free products now! Loving our tummies now!