why almond milk

Options
124»

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I was looking for unsweerened almond breeze but only found original which had half the sugar of 2 percent milk. Is there a less sweeter version?

Yes:
    They have unsweetened original, vanilla, and chocolate. They all have around 40 calories per cup.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Ok help me out Almond milk lovers please? I bought my first carton of Almond milk last week. Its 90 calories in a cup and its made by Silk. I don't hate it I'm just trying to get used to the strange consistency... Like somewhere between milk and sour cream. Are they all that consistency? And which one is less calories?

Ew, no, not at all. I found the soy one I tried really thick but I don't find the Almond Breeze thick at all (it's probably less so then 2%). A MFP friend recommended I get Almond Breeze Blue Diamond because she's tried others and they've clumped in milk. Perhaps try blue diamond original instead? It's 40 calories a glass (you can always go to enter a food and type in almond milk and check out the calories there for a general idea).

http://www.bluediamond.com/index.cfm?navId=53 for the nutritional charts of all different flavors. I had original but apparently there is a unsweetened original. When I try the unsweetened I'll try to remember to post here.

If you try it let me know. I'd like to know the differences!

Haven't tried the silk. Whole Foods brand and Blue Diamond for me. I might be tempted to try the Trader Joes one. These one have a lovely consistency that's like ~2% milk or so. Not to thick or too watery. I tried Pacfic brand and that stuff was AWFUL! So I have been afraid to branch out.
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ok help me out Almond milk lovers please? I bought my first carton of Almond milk last week. Its 90 calories in a cup and its made by Silk. I don't hate it I'm just trying to get used to the strange consistency... Like somewhere between milk and sour cream. Are they all that consistency? And which one is less calories?

Ew, no, not at all. I found the soy one I tried really thick but I don't find the Almond Breeze thick at all (it's probably less so then 2%). A MFP friend recommended I get Almond Breeze Blue Diamond because she's tried others and they've clumped in milk. Perhaps try blue diamond original instead? It's 40 calories a glass (you can always go to enter a food and type in almond milk and check out the calories there for a general idea).

http://www.bluediamond.com/index.cfm?navId=53 for the nutritional charts of all different flavors. I had original but apparently there is a unsweetened original. When I try the unsweetened I'll try to remember to post here.

If you try it let me know. I'd like to know the differences!

Thank you! I will definitely check it out!