NSV Duo

Options
ajp913
ajp913 Posts: 100 Member
After superbowl weekend, i must admit I am terrified of the scale...

But tonight I went in for some upper body strength training followed by some cardio hell.

As I was stretching, I realized I was getting down after my little piggies quite a bit further than usual... I pulled off two stretches that a mere two weeks ago I would not have even dreamed of doing. What stretches you ask? Well... I have no clue how to tell you... So... ummm... let's just slap hands and move on.

One of my goals for the month of february is to run 2.25 miles non stop on the treadmill (march I want to be able to run 3, then in April I want to translate that to the road and run a 5k). So tonight, after my stretching NSV I was all "I FEEL GOOD!" and decided I'd plop on the treadmill at the leisurely pace of 5 mph and see how far I could go.

Well, at the one mile mark I got all bored and stuff, so I cranked the speed up to 6 mph.

A quarter mile later I recognized the error of my ways and lowered it back down to 5 mph.

Then I got lost in the music... and when I looked down... i was at 2 miles. I had a dilemma... My MONTHLY goal is 2.25, up to this point the furthest I've gone is 1.5 and that was, like, a week ago. But... I had already come two miles... do I really want to quit now with my goal so close?

Nope. I finished off that last quarter of a mile. Imagined myself high fiving someone who was awesome and all like, invested in my fitness...
Then I immediately got on the stair climber and did a mile, just to make sure i wasn't too proud of myself.
Except that didn't kill me either... so I got on the elliptical and popped off another 20 minutes.

At which point I decided I was too hungry to try to commit cardio suicide anymore, and left.

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Sweeet!

This is just a bit of a reminder that the numbers on the scale are NOT what we should be striving for. You're weight might even be slightly up, but you are getting fitter, healthier, more flexible, and more awesome!

Kepp up the good work, you'll be doing 10 miles in no time!
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am impressed that 5 mph is leisurely!! haha. I can finally walk 3 mph comfortably!! I was so badly out of shape. I will be thinking of this post as I strive to walk faster!
  • mmgomez28
    mmgomez28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!
    I bet you'll get to your March goal in no time! :D
  • Herownself
    Herownself Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WOW, that's fantastic. :drinker:

I pulled off two stretches that a mere two weeks ago I would not have even dreamed of doing. What stretches you ask? Well... I have no clue how to tell you... So... ummm... let's just slap hands and move on.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    The entire post made me smile! I think I even imagined myself high fiving you! :laugh: :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!