Calling all P90Xers

Options

Replies

• ErinS
    ErinS Posts: 20
    Options
    i just started the phase one level one diet today and i seriously feel like im going to bust!! im not used to eating this much protein but i totally get why i need it.. its going to be an adjustment for sure!!!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    i just started the phase one level one diet today and i seriously feel like im going to bust!! im not used to eating this much protein but i totally get why i need it.. its going to be an adjustment for sure!!!

It's hard at first, but by the end of phase one, you probably won't mind it at all. I know my first few days of lower carb I didn't feel very well around 10:00, but after 3 days, I was fine. Keep working at it. It does get easier and you'll probably see some pretty good results (I was down 4 lb in 2 weeks).
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    that was very helpful. I am not really trying to lose weight at all. Having my suspicions confirmed was great. Thanks so much. you will surely be hearing from me again.

The amount of protein to consume is debatable. After researching this topic quite a lot, I would recommend between .7 grams to .9 grams of protein per pound of body weight for males. Bodybuilders will use 1 gram or more per pound because of the extreme weight lifting and muscle breakdown and rebuilding... It does sound like you are not getting enough calories. You are down to the last little bit of stubborn fat and it takes time.

I am in a similar position as you. I don't want to lose any more weight, I wouldn't mind gaining weight if it is muscle all the while attempting to get leaner. I have been very strict with my diet and I am slowly getting rid of the fat and maintaining my weight, so I guess that means adding a little muscle. If you are running that much, you probably should just stick to the muscle workouts for p90x and skip the cardio and just use your running for that. You need to allow time and energy for your body to recovery!

Hope this helps.
  • ericpaci
    ericpaci Posts: 8
    Options
    thanks fjtcjt.

Those protein numbers were certainly in the range of what I've seen online. I also saw a few way higher, like 1.5 gm to lb of body weight. I'm trying to get healthier, not die of kidney failure :frown: I'll try your numbers out and see how I feel.

I'm glad I'm not the only one here with that little stubborn bit. I wasn't strict about diet during week 1, just logged everything I usually do. Week to I started amping up the protein to see if I could get it to balance with shakes and my regular diet. Today is wk 3 day 1 and I am amping up the protein even more and cutting some of the carbs. I'm not way out of the park but need that little bit of chub to go away!
  • annhjk
    Options
    thanks fjtcjt.

Those protein numbers were certainly in the range of what I've seen online. I also saw a few way higher, like 1.5 gm to lb of body weight. I'm trying to get healthier, not die of kidney failure :frown: I'll try your numbers out and see how I feel.

I'm glad I'm not the only one here with that little stubborn bit. I wasn't strict about diet during week 1, just logged everything I usually do. Week to I started amping up the protein to see if I could get it to balance with shakes and my regular diet. Today is wk 3 day 1 and I am amping up the protein even more and cutting some of the carbs. I'm not way out of the park but need that little bit of chub to go away!

Try going into goal, custom settings and set your protein/carbs/fat to what you want them to be. I didn't like seeing myself so far over in protein (and not knowing what my goal should be) and under in other areas.
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    thanks fjtcjt.

No problem ericpaci- The suggestion by annhjk is a good one. Also, you can set it up to track your sugar and salt intake as well. I didn't start watching these until recently and they have really made a difference. Limiting the sugar forces the carbs to be good carbs, and the higher quality foods usually contain less salt.
  • ActionStephen
    ActionStephen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are starting Phase 2 today. i notice some people tend to see more results starting to show at the end of Phase 1 than others. im slightly discouraged because i havent lost anyweight in the way of pounds but i can definately see a difference in muscle tone and build. will phase 2 bring more of a fat burning? i would hate to get ripped but not beable to see it because of this pesky layer of fat that has been tenatious over the years.. any tips concerning nutrition i could try? we have been following the basics of the nutrition plan but i have this strong temptation to keep cutting my caloric intake.
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are starting Phase 2 today. i notice some people tend to see more results starting to show at the end of Phase 1 than others. im slightly discouraged because i havent lost anyweight in the way of pounds but i can definately see a difference in muscle tone and build. will phase 2 bring more of a fat burning? i would hate to get ripped but not beable to see it because of this pesky layer of fat that has been tenatious over the years.. any tips concerning nutrition i could try? we have been following the basics of the nutrition plan but i have this strong temptation to keep cutting my caloric intake.

I believe most people don't start seeing results until phase two. Nutrition is at least 60-70% of your results. How many calories are you taking in? It's not advisable for men to go below 2000. I'm a beachbody coach, so send me a message, and I'd be happy to help you out!
  • sandy429
    Options

Don't worry. I had the same concerns about upping my protein, but the problem occurs when you have too few carbs. As long as your balancing carbs & protein, you'll be fine. Also, you don't want to stay on phase 1 of the nutrition guide longer than six weeks. You'll need the carbs for energy to really push through the workouts.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Paula... Let me know how those SelecTech dumbbells work for you. I've been eyeing a set of those but been a little reluctant as they a fairly sizeable investment (not compared to a full set of dumbbells I suppose).

They are awesome!!! I just got them from http://www.bowflexselecttech.com and used code HAPPYBIRTHDAY20. That gave me 20% off and free shipping, not sure if the same deal is still going on or not!! :flowerforyou:

I put them on my Christmas list! I think I'm getting the P90X pull up bar for my bday! Yay!
  • cjbranson
    cjbranson Posts: 121
    Options
    Finished round 1 on Thursday... taking a little break although my husband I did Abs Core + last night. Will start P90X+ for 90 days starting probably in a week.

Check out my profile for the link to my blog... :wink:
  • annhjk
    Options

They are awesome!!! I just got them from http://www.bowflexselecttech.com and used code HAPPYBIRTHDAY20. That gave me 20% off and free shipping, not sure if the same deal is still going on or not!! :flowerforyou:

I put them on my Christmas list! I think I'm getting the P90X pull up bar for my bday! Yay!

This should go on Banks' fitness fanatic thread. Who needs jewelry - just give me anything from BeachBody dot com :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    This should go on Banks' fitness fanatic thread. Who needs jewelry - just give me anything from BeachBody dot com :smile:

You know it!! I love my P90X chinup bar and pushup stands! :bigsmile:
  • ErinS
    ErinS Posts: 20
    Options
    just finished the first workout!! i feel great! it was tough
  • ericpaci
    Options
    It only gets better. Just remember, the more you hate Tony now, the more you will like him later.
  • annhjk
    Options
    just finished the first workout!! i feel great! it was tough

wait til tomorrow (PLYO). My only advice is that you don't drink too much water during the workout (or eat before it). I almost threw up during it. But I do love seeing how much better my jumps get! And the hour goes pretty quickly.
  • Skrib
    Skrib Posts: 18
    Options

I have looked a few times at those dumbells, but I just can't get past the size of the things. Seems to me they would interfere with form on some routines - have you noticed any problems with that?? For now I have stuck with individual weights.
  • ericpaci
    Options
    I'm wondering what people put in for the plyo under the exercise tab.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm wondering what people put in for the plyo under the exercise tab.

High impact aerobics is probably a good choice. :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I have looked a few times at those dumbells, but I just can't get past the size of the things. Seems to me they would interfere with form on some routines - have you noticed any problems with that?? For now I have stuck with individual weights.

I haven't noticed them getting in the way on anything other than upright rows. (and I just pulled my elbows out more) They are really easy to use and I love them! :bigsmile: