Seeking like-minded buddies

Options
I'm Matt. I'm quite new to "myfitnesspal". I'm 33 and in the last 3 and a bit years I've got married and had two kids, so gym time has been virtually non-existent. I've put on around 4 stone in that time!
Now I'm at the stage where the kids are easier to cope with and I can get back to the gym, so I started again last week. I'm the best man at a wedding in August so I'm aiming to loose at least 2.5 stone between now and then. There will be a lot of people there that I haven't seen since the last time I was 12.5 stone, so I'm determined to get back as to that weight and stay there.

I've also been spurred on recently by two charity events raising money for a local charity. One was to walk 15 miles which I thought would kill me, but actually it wasn't so bad (apart from the blisters towards the end!) and I came in joint first a good 10 mins in front of the second place people, which was a real boost to me. The second event is yet to happen - a 40 mile bike ride for the same charity at the end of Feb. I reckon that one really will kill me! I'm determined to train and complete it though.

I have a particular tendency towards weight training. I enjoy that much more than cardio, although I can't believe how much strength I've lost over the last 3 years since I was lifting weights regularly... I don't intend looking like "Arnie" but need to beat the belly and shape up.

So anyone like minded who wants to share their progress and mutual encouragement, say hi!