Tired of logging?

Options
I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but I'm takin' my chances.

Do any of you ever get utterly tired of logging your calorie intake? I have come to the realization that it's just something I have to do for now until healthy eating is a deeply ingrained habit. But there are some days where I loathe the fact that I have to log everything in order to keep track. I've fallen off the wagon before because of this frustration.

I'm doing really good this time and I'm just sucking it up and logging my food. But does anyone out there have some sort of motivation that keeps them going on days like this? I'm trying my best not to get frustrated and discouraged.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but I'm takin' my chances.

Do any of you ever get utterly tired of logging your calorie intake? I have come to the realization that it's just something I have to do for now until healthy eating is a deeply ingrained habit. But there are some days where I loathe the fact that I have to log everything in order to keep track. I've fallen off the wagon before because of this frustration.

I'm doing really good this time and I'm just sucking it up and logging my food. But does anyone out there have some sort of motivation that keeps them going on days like this? I'm trying my best not to get frustrated and discouraged.

Thanks so much!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder when the day will come when I don't have to do this anymore.

What motivates me to kep going is when I look at pictures from a year ago; I was 'obese' and not a very healthy person. Now, I see a happier, thinner, healthier, more confidant person. I never want that to end, so I log away. It's sooo worth it!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    If there is a better way, I have not found it.

I have the option to log as a go, so it is a bit easier than all at once. Also keeps me from getting the big WOOPS:blushing:
  • cmstief
    cmstief Posts: 59
    Options
    i totally know what you mean! logging is tough i don't like to THINK about what or how much im eating! hahaha but it keeps me accountable! someone or something needs too haha
  • bryntav
    bryntav Posts: 4
    Options
    Im tirted of Logging and Ive come across a road block, Internet use at my job has been completely restricted to work related emails ONLY....this is challenging now because I now have to try and remember everything I eat and log it when I get home, I also find "the big woops" has happened as well once i have entered everyhting!......anyone have any ideas to make this easier?! PS: my Cell is not internet capable either : )
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    WW uses written logs, if you don't have their internet thingy, which I don't. Although I will admit to falling off the wagon over the past few weeks, you could think about just hand-writing it down and transferring it when you get home.
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    If I know I won't have internet access, I will plan my meals for the next day the night before and log them in. Too many 'woops' and I'd be right back where I started. :blushing:
  • bryntav
    bryntav Posts: 4
    Options
    Good ideas, thank you!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I try to plan at least my breakfast, lunch and snacks the night before... then, depending on my workout - I can plan dinner. I'm a bargain shopper - so I kind of look at logging my calories and planning my meals as "shopping for the best bargain". What can I eat the most of, for the least amount of calories??? LOL! I look at it as a game and it keeps it exciting!

Most recently I've been playing with reworking some of my families favorite recipes and finding healthier ways to fix them Tonight, we had our favorite creamy, coated citrus salmon, green beans and rice for about 500 calories.
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    i totally know what you mean! logging is tough i don't like to THINK about what or how much im eating! hahaha but it keeps me accountable! someone or something needs too haha
    I agree, it can be a pain, but it does make you totally accountable for EVERYTHING that you eat, often times, as with me, you can be eating and not even notice it...for me this is the best way I have found to be ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE....Best to you always, Rick
  • krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't get tired of logging. I DO get tired of measuring everything. It's such a pain in the bum! I think that is one reason why people fail at eating right...they're too lazy to measure everything.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I still love logging my food & exercise. I need to actually SEE it to make it feel real.:huh:
    Sometimes I'll skip a snack because I don't want to go log it.
  • momnmore
    momnmore Posts: 20
    Options
    I've had days where I haven't wanted to log everything, but I still do it. I've found that the most helpful thing about logging everything is that I have had to notice all those "taste" bites I was taking before. I still have a few, but it has come way down. I try to think of logging as playing a game. How can I get the most out of my calories and how can I take as many calories as possible out of my cooking while still keeping it tasty. I have actually had to think about what we are going to eat as a family and have started to plan ahead more.
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    I have not gotten tired of it yet but I did get a good lesson on how much I truly need the accountablity to myself that logging gives me.

MFP is my homepage, and the constant reminder that I have had x amount of calories already helps keep me from over eating or making unhealthy choices at work.

Our internet was down for two days at work last week and I did horribly without my constant reminder and flow of information about what I have and plan to consume.

My immediate supervisor is an RD and I am a program associate for our nutrition program so it's not a matter of knowing what I am doing, it's a matter of having it in my face, at least for me, lol. I honestly don't know that I'll ever stop logging.
  • William77
    William77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My wife tls me what dinner is going to be the next day, so I plan my whole day the night before. I sometimes leave a little room for a snack or dessert in the evening but usually plan my whole day snacks and all.
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My wife tls me what dinner is going to be the next day, so I plan my whole day the night before. I sometimes leave a little room for a snack or dessert in the evening but usually plan my whole day snacks and all.

I even go as far as logging my exercise. It seems to help get my butt to the gym because I say "I already logged it I might as well do it"
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,955 Member
    Options
    I had a wonderful conversation yesterday with a woman who weighs and measures her food, brings her own food to potlucks, catered dinners, and any event where she can't control the content and calories of the meal that's being served, and has eliminated a whole lot of less healthy food from her diet.. She has been doing this consistently for 20 years and she looks fabulous.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I want to look fabulous, too and if logging my food and weighing and measuring it is the ticket to that success then I'll do it.

I just do it one day at a time.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to logging my food and exercise on here, it just helps keep me on track.
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    I am going to take a break from logging for awhile and see what happens. I haven't lost anything logging and I am just tired of it too. Now if I stop logging and lose a few lbs that would really be something.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have lost 13 lbs since joining and have yet to log. I only log my progress. I absolutely hate logging in my food and exercise, however, I know the importance of it. I'm just LAZY.:laugh: