Jumps

Options
j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
I have a question I see people doing these jumps like up to platforms or whatever and I want to know what this works and how high you should start to do the jumps at.

Replies

• j_g4ever
    Options
    I have a question I see people doing these jumps like up to platforms or whatever and I want to know what this works and how high you should start to do the jumps at.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Those are probably plyo boxes. They can give a great workout. They typically come in a range of heights. You can also do different lung/squat workouts with these that work great. If you are just beginning, I would definitely start on the lowest one, especially if you are not naturally a leaper. Some people can just jump higher than others. Just try it out though and see what works best for you.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    thank you so much. So Where would I buy those things then?? or could I like just start with my lowest step.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I am a coach and we have a set that we just purchased. I am not sure where they were ordered from....but I'm sure you can look online. http://www.power-systems.com/p-3825-power-plyo-boxes.aspx You are looking at about 90 bucks for those in the link. I'm not sure if they would have them in a sports store in a mall or something.

You could use a step at your house or something. I have used bleachers in a gym before. It's harder to do a lunge/squat routine with alternate heights with just a step or bleachers. That's the only disadvantage.

Another alternative is to have some handy-man craft some for you!