clean eating store list

Options
Hello,

I have begun clean eating this week and feel great! I have read a few of Reno Tosca's books and have some ideas of what I want to pick up from the grocery store. I am wondering what you buy when you go shopping - what helps you on this journey of health? I have the basics - eggs, vegies, fruit - are there other things you buy?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Does "clean eating" mean whole foods rather than processed? I feel like it's one of those terms that everyone has a different definition for.

In terms of whole foods, I buy eggs, Greek yogurt (would this be considered one? Again, depends on your definition), fruit - strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, veggies, chickpeas (you can make your own hummus)
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I eat Greek yogurt daily... Is it considered clean?
  • Hannahk90
    Hannahk90 Posts: 8
    Options
    Basically, everything on the outer ring of the supermarket would be considered clean eating (although, as someone else mentioned, the definition varies from person to person). All supermarkets are organized to have the produce, meat, and dairy on the outside, with the inner aisles having the processed stuff. If you mostly stay on the outside, you should be good. The inside is where you need to be wary of what you choose.
  • memstar
    memstar Posts: 6
    Options
    Greek yougurt, nuts, veggies, fruits, eggs & lean meats (as organic as possible), beans and legumes. Minimal cooking is best for the veggies and fruits. Trying your best not to microwave foods (microwaves take lots of nutrition out of foods). Cleaneatingmag.com is a great free site for clean eating. Things that are from the earth not man made are always best.
  • musicgal86
    musicgal86 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I love her book and it really helped to change my thinking! I eat mainly a lot of veggies... a lot of leafy greens. Other than that legumes, whole grains like brown rice and sprouted bread, quinoa, and mainly berries. I also eat lots of different berries. Try to look at this way...eat anything that is in it's pure form and avoid anything in a box. It's all about going back to basics