A little delayed, but here are my before/after

Options
rensker
rensker Posts: 32 Member
My (long) story:
I grew up a chubby child - my dad would always say "It's just baby fat, you'll grow out of it soon". I ate healthy - my parent cooking was always very healthy and we never went out to restaurants- but I ate A LOT of candy and snacks and I just got bigger and bigger. I hated that I was fat but I didn't try to do anything about it. When I went to university, my first year was in residence where I ate in a cafeteria. Now I was no longer eating healthy meals and I gain easily the freshman 15 and more. I never really weighed myself but I must have been around the 200lb mark.
Second year, I moved out and lived on my own with my own cooking for the first time. With my lack of experience in the kitchen and very limited budget I started eating healthy again. Made simple meals, no snacks or junk, smaller portions and to save bus money I walked to school every day. I lost 30-40 lbs. Then I moved to a super small town for 4 months for a work term where I knew no one. I had no tv or internet (on the weekends I went home) so I had to find something to do in my evenings. I decided to join the gym. This was a big deal for me, I hated exercise (or so I told myself so I wouldn't have to do it). I went every week day for 2-3 hrs - I had nothing else to do!
That was this time 2 years ago - I proud to say I'm one of the Jan 1 resolution members and still going strong. Over the last two years I started running (WAY out of my comfort zone) started with a 5K then realized it would be cool to run a half-marathon. I gained a few pounds, I lost a few more, then gained, etc, never more than 10 and I always knew I could do what needed to be done to lose it again. My lowest was 135 a year ago but it was quite difficult to keep that. I'm super happy at 140 now. I've decided to take a break with running, its too cold and icy to want to run outside and I don't want to have to force myself. I'm hard-core into lifting heavy weights now and the difference I've noticed! No weight loss but I look so much better now than I did at my lowest! Ladies - don't be afraid of lifting heavy!

Sorry for the long story, here's the short:
Starting 2009, approx 200lbs. Now 140lbs. Before picture was taken the summer after my first year of uni. After picture was last summer at the same weight. I had just completed a half marathon.

254031_10150321099108084_517323083_9672023_4887143_n.jpg

Replies

• pudgypie
    pudgypie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fab...such a change.

I am more in awe of you doing the half marathon though! Wow.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congrats!
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    wonderful!!!! Congrats to you.
  • Richdogg38
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and are doing marathons as well!!! Great job girl!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    OMG...you are gorgeous!!!!!!!! I mean that....so pretty - before and after.
    I can't believe how much your hardwork shows! Good for you girl. :) I hope I will look as good as you by this time next year. :)
  • jld4314
    jld4314 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    That is a great transformation - congratulations!!
  • SassyJuliana
    SassyJuliana Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Great, inspirational story!!! Congrats!
  • scicco
    scicco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Very nice. I turned 50 in Aug and ran my 1st 10k. this summer I want to do a half. I am also no weight training and love how fast the changes happen and how strong I feel. Keep up the good work you look great.
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    You look fantastic! And congratulations on completing that half marathon - that's a very admirable accomplishment!!!
  • jesirabbit02
    Options
    you look great, how tall are you?
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations!
  • jrow0524
    Options
    You look awesome! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! thats amazing, you look fab
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, you look great :)
  • taurus205
    taurus205 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Inspiring.....:bigsmile:
  • jcg926
    jcg926 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Woo hoo!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    AWesome job. You look great
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!