I ran a mile!

Options

Replies

• NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! You have inpsired me to get my butt moving a little faster. Great job!
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You did fabulous! Your heart rate was up and perfect for burning fat. I'm proud of you!
  • valerieg78
    valerieg78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Excellent! You are well on your way!!!!:wink: Just keep at it & you'll be doing 5K's and beyond!!!:happy:
  • snobuny032
    Options
    WTG! I did my firs mile over the weekend :) I am also at a 4.5 pace.. Now if I could just do this consistantly lol
  • Jenn638
    Jenn638 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    It doen't matter the pace it is that you got out there on on the treadmill and did it! Be proud of yourself for taking the steps to a new you!
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    4.5 is a jog for me as well. it must be that we have short legs together, cause most people i know think it's a fast walk. Great job on the mile!!!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I've been logging in to MFP for 30 days now and exercising every day. The first week was in a word, godawful! But I've been pushing on every day and making small goals for myself and today - I ran a mile at 4.5 mph. Now I know for some of you that is brisk walking but for me it's actually a jogging pace. I'm so proud of myself today - because when I started there was absolutely no way I could do that. Next goal - 2 miles.

That is definitely a jogging pace for me as well! GREAT JOB!!!!! I love to hear success stories.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Congrats. My aim is to learn to run this year. (Once I've had gall bladder surgery and my blood pressure is back to normal) I'm gonna do the c25k. (Couch to 5k) next year in May I'd love to do the Manchester 10k run for charity. Can't wait to make this post myself x
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Well done! I ran my first mile at about the same speed six months ago. Sunday I ran a half marathon, 13.1 miles at 4.3 mph. Once you start you never know where you will end up! Good job once again!
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!

August 2010 I couldn't run for 10 minutes without stopping and being out of breath...
    May 2011 I ran my first half marathon, no walking, at a 9:30 min/mile pace.
    Now I'm training for my first marathon, I'll be running 17 miles on Saturday.

It's AMAZING what the body can accomplish!!! It DOES get easier! :)
  • elder4
    elder4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That is SO awesome and I have to say I am a little jealous: ) I am working my way back up to running as well but am fighting with shin splints and keep getting set back. I will conquer it but its taking me a little longer than I wanted. Keep up the good work, you should be super proud of yourself!!!
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Right now I'm jogging even slower than that, so I'm hoping to improve my distance and my time in the near future. :)
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think that is so amazing. What a great feeling that is. I remember when I ran my first mile, it was the best feeling I've ever had. I can't do it right now, but hope to get back there soon.
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Great job! This is my first week putting in a mile jog/run every day. 4 more days to go! Keep up the good work!

Aside: I love jogging in this cool weather; I'm going to miss it when summer rolls around...not that I can't stand the heat, but I can't stand getting bitten!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I did my first mile back in September, isn't it a wonderful feeling? Good for you!!!
    Now, six months later, I run a mile 4 times weekly as a warm-up, and last week beat my personal best at 3 miles without slowing from my 5.2 pace. As the weather warms up, I'm moving more to track/concrete running, which I'm pretty excited about.
    Keep up the great work, and hold on to that well-earned feeling of accomplishment. Every time that you beat your best you'll be grinning from ear to ear the rest of the day. It's my favorite part about running.
  • missleah26
    missleah26 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first mile! Isn't it the best feeling?

I was in the same boat when I decided to start running again. In my town, there's a small lake that makes a near-perfect 5k loop (it has sidewalks all the way around) and I always said "by the end of the summer, I'm going to run the lake." I said that for YEARS. When I moved into a house that's actually ON the running loop, I had no more excuses. I started running just the first straightaway, adding the next curve, some of the next straightaway, then finishing at my house. The feeling I got when I FINALLY ran the whole thing was unbelievable!

I ran my first 5k last fall, followed with another one quickly, then moved right into a 10k-- once you get running and racing, it's hard to stop! I signed up for my first half-marathon yesterday :)

Keep up the great work! We're all here for support!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic! congrats to you! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!