At goal weight - where's the ticker tape???

Options
2»

Replies

• kkenny0146
    kkenny0146 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Out comes the Marching Band to celebrate!!!! Awesome job! I was hoping for a fun message too, now I know not to get my hopes up.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    hooray.gif

HURRAH!!!! Well done :flowerforyou:

It *would* be nice if there was some kind of acknowledgement.
  • SarahE1092
    Options
    YAY!!!! CONGRATS! It must be so exciting!
    To answer your question, if you click in the tools tab, you can change your ticker and goals that way.

GREAT JOB!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    That is disappointing. We'll throw the parade for you.

CONGRATS! :drinker:

I LOVE a parade!!! I'm joining you with the confetti- reached my last .4 pounds this AM also

I agree- there *seems* to be little info on MAINTENANCE-

I crossed the FINISH LINE once already- then fell FLAT on my face, and got back in the race.
    Fortunately I discovered WHY....
    I'd been on 1200 calories, got to my goal, and then turned to MFP to calculate my maintenance calories of 1600- and soon discovered my old, ravenous appetite reared its *ugly head* once again, and I put 10 pounds BACK ON very quickly.
    This second time around a friend advised me to TIPTOE across the finish line this time.....
    WHICH IS HARD TO DO WHEN YOU SEE IT IN YOUR SIGHTS...so tempting to want to RUN FULL SPEED (which is what I did the first time)

it was explained to me like this: My body needed to SLOWLY get used to INcreasing my calorie consumption...so THIS TIME, I've kept it at .5 lb/ week for the last few months,
    and increased my calories by 50/100 more over a 2 wk period, till I was @ the 1600.

So, I've now lost that LAST 10 lbs and did it the *better* way- and my appetite is in check (mostly)...the emotional issues will be a battle I'll always face- but THAT'S another story.........
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to put it in Success Stories so that actual people can congratulate you. Being congratulated by a computer program seems a bit sad.

Ignore this one.

Oh frabjous day, calloo, callay!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to put it in Success Stories so that actual people can congratulate you. Being congratulated by a computer program seems a bit sad.
    Ignore this one.

Oh frabjous day, calloo, callay.
    I have the right to state my opinion, thank you very much. Now look, you're congratulating the OP even though you apparently think they should be satisfied by interacting with a computer program.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way. My friends who I had met on here were my parade and cheerleaders! I do consider it a "flaw" for MFP that there isn't more attention given to meeting your goals and then maintaining.

I wish there were tickers for maintenance and I wish there was something for the feedback column...

Today mine would read...."DeeDeeLHF has reached her goal and maintained her weight for 440 days."

You will have to pat yourself of the back and relish in the great feeling.

As others have said, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: and join a Maintenance group.

D
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Lighten up, Elizabeth, and stop calling people sad. I don't think the thread was all that serious, do you?
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • emswope
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! Inspiration to us all. :)
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    *CLAPS HANDS*

WOOOOP WOOP! Congrats!

xxx
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    That is disappointing. We'll throw the parade for you.

CONGRATS! :drinker:

I LOVE a parade!!! I'm joining you with the confetti- reached my last .4 pounds this AM also

I agree- there *seems* to be little info on MAINTENANCE-

I crossed the FINISH LINE once already- then fell FLAT on my face, and got back in the race.
    Fortunately I discovered WHY....
    I'd been on 1200 calories, got to my goal, and then turned to MFP to calculate my maintenance calories of 1600- and soon discovered my old, ravenous appetite reared its *ugly head* once again, and I put 10 pounds BACK ON very quickly.
    This second time around a friend advised me to TIPTOE across the finish line this time.....
    WHICH IS HARD TO DO WHEN YOU SEE IT IN YOUR SIGHTS...so tempting to want to RUN FULL SPEED (which is what I did the first time)

it was explained to me like this: My body needed to SLOWLY get used to INcreasing my calorie consumption...so THIS TIME, I've kept it at .5 lb/ week for the last few months,
    and increased my calories by 50/100 more over a 2 wk period, till I was @ the 1600.

So, I've now lost that LAST 10 lbs and did it the *better* way- and my appetite is in check (mostly)...the emotional issues will be a battle I'll always face- but THAT'S another story.........

ConGratulations to everyone who has reached their goals!!! It really is a great accomplishment and you really do have a lot to celebrate!!!

That is great advice about tip toeing into maintenance! Thanks!
  • zodiw
    zodiw Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HIP HIP HOORAY! CONGRATULATIONS!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    hooray.gif

Go and buy yourself a rocking new outfit! That will make youy feel amazing! X
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Congradulations!:smile:
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    hooray.gif

Go and buy yourself a rocking new outfit! That will make youy feel amazing! X

^^^Totally agree! Congrats on your success! :glasses:
  • kloquinn
    Options
    Aw, shucks, you guys are awesome!!! THANKS!!!!! :):):)

It's funny someone asked my secret - cuz my non-MFP friends ask me and I tell them MFP!!! It's honestly been so much easier than I expected. I mean, it's hard not to cheat, and to exercise which I've never been a fan of, but logging it has made a HUGE difference for me. It helps that I'm nursing too - I have a 6mo so I get an extra 500 calories a day for that. Maintaining scares me a bit - especially down the road when I wean my son, cuz that's in the past been when I've gained a lot. Hoping this time to be more sensible about it and will take into account the PP'er's suggestions on that tiptoe thing. :)

Anyway, other than logging, substituting healthier yummy stuff (Yoplait smoothies, chocolate protein bars, dessert-flavored gums), and cheating a couple times a week when I've gotten in a good workout with my trainer friend (which I do twice a week), there hasn't been any amazing secret. But it's awesome to have just bought size 2 jeans and know I'm back to my high school weight (I'm almost 36)! Now it's just working on toning and firming - hoping to have a bikini in public this summer and be proud of it! :)

Anyway, thanks again for all the cheers, you guys made my week! :)