Low Calorie Fish and chips??

Options
I am wanting some Fried beer battered fish so bad.. Does anyone have a healthy alternative? Please before I do something drastic!! lol

Replies

• Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but this looks like a good alternative...

http://www.soscuisine.com/en/recipes/view/oven-fried-fish-and-chips?sos_l=en

I would tweak it a little by using whole wheat flour or using a cereal like corn flakes if you want a different texture and serving it with sweet potato fries or turnip fries.
  • carrollel
    carrollel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Small changes can make a big difference...

Bake instead of frying. If you can, try not to use oil altogether by using cooking spray on your baking sheet. Dip fish into egg (or just egg whites) and try using corn flakes or your favorite low fat crackers crushed up (nothing made with white flour) instead of breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with a dash of sea salt (unless you can omit salt altogether) and pepper for flavor. As for the "chips" try using sweet potatoes cut thin like fries, dipped in egg sprinkled with sea salt and pepper and throw on the baking sheet as well.

If your craving something, dont deny yourself, just create substitutes where ever you can. :) Hope this was helpful.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Breaded instead of battered, Fish and Cut potatoes, baked. Spray with cooking spray to make crispy
  • deedster_a
    deedster_a Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There is a Malt flavored salt you could add for more flavor.
  • natalielowe
    Options
    I like vinegar on my fish so hopefully that will take care of that problem.. thanks
  • natalielowe
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!