Calories burned vs weather

Options
Assuming the calories consumed and daily exercise is exactly the same. Which weather will the body burn more calories, a very cold or very hot weather?

Replies

• SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i wondered this!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    From all I've heard, very cold will, since your body burns more calories trying to stay warm (shivering, teeth chattering, etc.)
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Well, where cold weather will make you shiver (to raise body temperatur), hot weather will make you sweat (to cool off). both will burn extra calories. Not sure which one will burn more. :yawn:
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    i wondered this!
    same here.
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The body uses more calories when you are feeling cold since it will turn to the nearest source of energy available to keep your body to a suitable temperature!

drinking a cold pint of water helps keep your body burning extra calories!

I personally sometimes just wear a t-shirt for 10minutes just to get my body temperature low so my body is constantly burning extra calories to keep my warm! also great for your metabolism since your constantly making it work hard!

I even keep my window slightly open in winter! Every little helps.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    The body uses more calories when you are feeling cold since it will turn to the nearest source of energy available to keep your body to a suitable temperature!

drinking a cold pint of water helps keep your body burning extra calories!

I personally sometimes just wear a t-shirt for 10minutes just to get my body temperature low so my body is constantly burning extra calories to keep my warm! also great for your metabolism since your constantly making it work hard!

I even keep my window slightly open in winter! Every little helps.
    Interesting. So the body uses more calories to try to warm up the body than it does to try to cool down the body. Mmmhh