Options
Are you female?
Are you over 40?
Are you between 5'2" -5'3"?
Have given birth?

Do you have a BMI between 25-29?
5'2" weight 136-158
5'3" weight 141-163

If you answered yes to all these questions...
What are your weight loss fitness goals?
What are you doing that works?

***If you do not fit the above description, I have no interest in what works for you, or what you think will work for me. thanks, but no thanks. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Is anyone successful?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5' 3" and started at 140 pounds. My son is 22, so that was certainly not any excuse! I'm currently maintaining at 125 pounds. I haven't decided if this is my "perfect" weight yet but my husband doesn't want me to get much thinner. :laugh:

I started last January at the age of 44 as a couch potato with a full-time desk job taking classes part-time at the U of AZ. I got involved in a fitness challenge at work and just started walking more. I wore a pedometer every day and tried to up the number of steps I was taking each week. I took the stairs instead of the elevator, even when that meant 8 flights to one of my classes and arriving to class out of breath with shaky legs. I started using MFP in March. I started Couch to 5K in April, although I've never been a runner. I ran my first 10K in October and my first half marathon in January. I toughed out plateaus by upping my running miles and riding my stationary bike longer. I switched between eating anything but staying under calories and a low carb plan because I discovered that I lose weight more easily when I cut out white carbs (pasta, rice, potatoes, sugar). I turn 46 in a few weeks and I'm in better shape than I was a decade ago.

You can definitely do this and this site is great for motivation and support.