exercising...

2»

Replies

• Hi, my name is Sabrina and I'm classified as morbidly obese. Technically speaking. My husband is healthy. I'm a little taller than he is, and I'm so much more robust. I decided I wanted to lose weight so that I'd be able to do more things with him (like swing dancing or laying on top of him without thinking I'm crushing him). But he tells me all the time he loves me just how I am. Even if we can't do all the things I want. This guy you're seeing, if he likes you, then he won't mind what you look like when you two are working out together. He might even find it sexy. Who knows? And if he doesn't enjoy your body as it is now, then why should he deserve a "thinner," "better" you?

I completely get the self-conscious thing though. Like I said, I'm fairly large and my husband isn't. And he always wants to go walking or bike riding. At first, I was nervous. But like I said, if he cares about you, he isn't going to mind. After you work out in front of him a few times, you get over most, if not all, of your anxiety. I hope everything works out. :)
  • Hi, my name is Sabrina and I'm classified as morbidly obese. Technically speaking. My husband is healthy. I'm a little taller than he is, and I'm so much more robust. I decided I wanted to lose weight so that I'd be able to do more things with him (like swing dancing or laying on top of him without thinking I'm crushing him). But he tells me all the time he loves me just how I am. Even if we can't do all the things I want. This guy you're seeing, if he likes you, then he won't mind what you look like when you two are working out together. He might even find it sexy. Who knows? And if he doesn't enjoy your body as it is now, then why should he deserve a "thinner," "better" you?

I completely get the self-conscious thing though. Like I said, I'm fairly large and my husband isn't. And he always wants to go walking or bike riding. At first, I was nervous. But like I said, if he cares about you, he isn't going to mind. After you work out in front of him a few times, you get over most, if not all, of your anxiety. I hope everything works out. :)

Thanks, that helped alot knowing someone was bigger than their guy haha. He never says anything about my weight he always just tells me I'm beautiful now. Hes really encouraging with my no cokes/teas and no fast food for a year so I'm really thankful for that
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    don't use you're "boyfriend" as a work out buddy. either find a friend who will commit with you, find a gym or club that has buddy systems, many do, they will partner people up, or, if you can't afford that, dig in and do it yourself. it will be too self destructive on your ego to do anything with him right now in your "fragile state/self esteem" from your post. hope this helps!

I agree. You can definitely have active dates. But don't use that for the bulk of your exercise for the week. Do it with a real fitness buddy or alone -- when you aren't spending time with him.
  • Thanks, that helped alot knowing someone was bigger than their guy haha. He never says anything about my weight he always just tells me I'm beautiful now. Hes really encouraging with my no cokes/teas and no fast food for a year so I'm really thankful for that

Well, my hubby never called me fat or pointed it out in any way, even while we were dating. Poor thing would just let me lay on him. (He didn't have to say anything, but I knew he was struggling). But yes, I'm a good 100lbs+ more than my husband. It's great that your guy us supporting you though!
  • What about going dancing? I don't dance in public, so I wouldn't, but you might like it! The worst he can say is "no", in which case you can say "Well, I really need to get some exercise in, I'll be back in 30 minutes :D"

If he works out a lot like you said then I'm sure he will come with you though and just tell him you're self conscious about it, honesty is best. Good luck!