HRMs

Options
Hi All,

Ok I know most of u are probably getting sick and tired of the hrm related questions but I just got a new pyle sports hrm with a chest strap and needed some help understanding its accuracy.

I wore it for the first time during my treadmill workout yesterday to compare its readings against that of the machine itself. The treadmill showed a cal burn of 425 calories during my 35 mins workout which consists of 1-2 sprints at 8.0 mph following by 2 mins of walking at an incline of 15 at a pace of 4.0 mph. My hrm, however, showed a burn of 727 which seemed quite high for a 35 min workout. I consistently monitored my heart rate on the hrm as well as the machine and they were both consistent with each other, which my heart rate staying between 175-195 range. I’m not sure which numbers to go with or if I should just split the difference.

I also use my hrm for my insanity workouts so that’s why I want to know how much stock I should place on the numbers it shows me. For a 60 min insanity workout it shows me a burn of between 900-1100 cals. I’m 27 years old, female, 5’2” and weigh 159lbs.

I would be grateful for ANY advice anyone can offer :)

Min xx

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    If you entered your information correctly into your HRM (height, weight, sex, age, etc.) and since it has a chest strap I'd go with what your HRM says. Your HR was up there so I'm sure you did burn that much! Go you!
  • min84
    min84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks kmctcm4.....my hrm as an input option for age, weight and sex but not height....my hubby has one from puma so I may try that one today with my data and see what numbers that gives me :D