Little Achievements not reflected on the scale

Options
This morning I ran/walked a mile in just under 17mins. I know to most of you this is super easy. But keep in mind this is coming from a girl who could barely *walk* a mile, without stopping, a couple months ago. I also was borderline diabetic and borderline high blood pressure. My blood sugars has now returned to normal, my resting heartrate has dropped 15bpm, and my blood pressure as of last week was 110/70. I can do all things through God because he continues to strenghten ME! YAY!!!!!

Replies

• gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Keep at it!
  • kawanna941
    kawanna941 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Keep at it!

Thank you!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That is a huge achievement, and to God be the glory! May He continue to give you the help that you need!
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You're on your way to a healthier happier new you, go girl!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kawanna941
    Options
    That is a huge achievement, and to God be the glory! May He continue to give you the help that you need!
    Amen!!!:smile:
  • kenmar1
    Options
    well done, keep it up
  • kawanna941
    Options
    You're on your way to a healthier happier new you, go girl!!! :flowerforyou:
    Thanks so much!
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Good job! That is definitely a BIG deal! My friend used to be very overweight and one day he jogged/walked to the end of his block. He was totally winded, but each day he ran to the end of his block until he could do 2 blocks. Then 3, 4, 5, all the way to running marathons, ultra marathons and being in the best shape of his life.

Keep up the good work, it'll pay off!
  • lizblizz28
    Options
    That is an amazing story!! Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing.... In the past I've become frustrated by not seeing any results on the scale, but you are so right---the best changes won't be seen on the scale. I know I feel healthier and better about myself when I eat right and exercise, so who cares what the scale says!
    I hope you continue to see these small achievements everywhere.
  • kawanna941
    Options
    Good job! That is definitely a BIG deal! My friend used to be very overweight and one day he jogged/walked to the end of his block. He was totally winded, but each day he ran to the end of his block until he could do 2 blocks. Then 3, 4, 5, all the way to running marathons, ultra marathons and being in the best shape of his life.

Keep up the good work, it'll pay off!

Thats very inspiring, thank you so much!
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My roommate has started this about 6 days ago, he is a type 2 diabetic, and I have seen so many posts like yours! I have seen some with type 2, go down to where you started! I am so very excited for you, and you inspire all of us, this is definitely not a little achievement, this is HUGE! Look at your future now and see what you have done for your self! Amazing!
  • kawanna941
    Options
    That is an amazing story!! Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing.... In the past I've become frustrated by not seeing any results on the scale, but you are so right---the best changes won't be seen on the scale. I know I feel healthier and better about myself when I eat right and exercise, so who cares what the scale says!
    I hope you continue to see these small achievements everywhere.

Yes we tend to focus so much on the scale we miss the other things that are going on. I hope you also continue to do well!
  • kawanna941
    Options
    well done, keep it up
    Thank You!
  • kawanna941
    Options
    My roommate has started this about 6 days ago, he is a type 2 diabetic, and I have seen so many posts like yours! I have seen some with type 2, go down to where you started! I am so very excited for you, and you inspire all of us, this is definitely not a little achievement, this is HUGE! Look at your future now and see what you have done for your self! Amazing!

Awwww, you make me want to shed a tear. Such sweet words and kindness from everyone. Thank you, thank you!!!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    wooork it woman!! this is great! you should feel proud!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you, and it is a big achievement, and your health conditions, have improved and will continue getting better. Well done:)
  • kawanna941
    Options
    wooork it woman!! this is great! you should feel proud!
    Yes I am, thank you!
  • kawanna941
    Options
    I'm so happy for you, and it is a big achievement, and your health conditions, have improved and will continue getting better. Well done:)

Thank you brit! Thank u!!!
  • curliefrii
    curliefrii Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! :) Keep up the good work.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Amazing! That rocks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!