High calorie foods?

Practically every day my fitness pal tells me that I'm not eating enough calories. But I'm also tracking carbs, fat, protein, fiber, and sugar. Now, having said that let me explain why I'm tracking each of those. Carbs: well, simply because I hear that it's good to track. Fat: because every time that I go on a diet, when I cut fat it seems to help the most for me, personally. Protein: because I want more in my diet, so if it goes over that's good by me. Fiber: Same as protein... I want more in my diet. Sugar: Because it runs in my family to be diabetic (p.s. if I go over because of fruit I don't freak out like I do with cookies. LoL)

So, here's the kicker. It's okay if I go over on my protein and fiber, but most of the time when I get all of my 1200 calories, I go over on carbs and sugars. What foods are there that are high in calories but low in carbs and sugar so I don't go over?

Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Calorie dense foods will contain primarily fat. Think nuts, avocado, peanut butter. If you don't want to go over your carbs and want to stay low fat then you need to be looking into more lean meats, fish, plain flavored Greek yogurts, cottage cheese, fat free cheese etc.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Calorie dense foods will contain primarily fat. Think nuts, avocado, peanut butter. If you don't want to go over your carbs and want to stay low fat then you need to be looking into more lean meats, fish, plain flavored Greek yogurts, cottage cheese, fat free cheese etc.

^^ This sounds correct to me. Except I would go with low/reduced fat cheeses instead of fat free, just because the fat free stuff tastes nasty.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member

Agree!
  • You can change your macros here. That's what I did so it's closer to what I'm actually aiming for.
  • aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    Agree. Lean meats will quickly increase your calories but not sugar or Carbs. All of this will increase your fats though. If you are having issues with sugars try sugar free options and reduce any packaged stuff you are eating. THere are lots of hidden sugars in stuff like that. e.g. I was shocked at how much sugar is in a jar of spaggetti sauce.