calorie counting fruit and veg

Options
Hey all,
Is it really worth calorie counting every bit of fruit and veg I'm eating? I like to snack on fruit and carrot and cucumber etc but find they take up so many calories is it really worth counting the little amounts I have?
Hope that makes sense just when I did slimming world you could eat fruit and veg just used to add in potato's and more filling veg
Bit confused

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I log anything that goes into my mouth so I say yes, count fruits and veggies!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

Exactly. Small amounts can add up over the course of a day, the point of logging everything is to see the true picture of what you are eating. Weight Watchers does not count fruit and veg. MFP counts everything you put in your mouth.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    but find they take up so many calories is it really worth counting the little amounts I have?
    Um yes, if they are taking up a lot of calories then clearly you want to count them. Otherwise you'll go over your goal. If it was just like 30 calories a day it wouldn't matter, but you just said it's a lot.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    Is it really worth calorie counting every bit of fruit and veg I'm eating? I like to snack on fruit and carrot and cucumber etc but find they take up so many calories is it really worth counting the little amounts I have?
    Hope that makes sense just when I did slimming world you could eat fruit and veg just used to add in potato's and more filling veg
    Bit confused

How did "Slimming World" work out for you?

Count them because they ARE high in calories, even if they are good for you.
  • traveller888
    traveller888 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes! Although most don't have too many calories, fiber and other things count, too. Plus, little things count and can add up quickly. Some fruits especially have more calories than I thought! Weighing them is a great way to make sure it's the right amount too. I've been shocked before.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Yes, add them because you are not just tracking calories.

Plus this helps you make better decisions later. If a cup of broccoli is 54 calories and a cup of mashed potatoes is 200, you will tend to make the better choice when you see it in front of you.