Fruit fast

Options
Would appreciate your help with this. I've havent lost any weight for 3 weeks now and I'm trying to do all things possible to break this up. I've read about the fruit fast- and I know teh weight that I will lose on the 2/3 days is water weight. What I am hoping is that it shocks my body somehwat and I can begin to lose weight again

Has any one done this with sucess? Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated!

Many Thanks

Replies

• mamademi
    mamademi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would appreciate your help with this. I've havent lost any weight for 3 weeks now and I'm trying to do all things possible to break this up. I've read about the fruit fast- and I know teh weight that I will lose on the 2/3 days is water weight. What I am hoping is that it shocks my body somehwat and I can begin to lose weight again

Has any one done this with sucess? Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated!

Many Thanks
  • greeneyedgirl
    Options
    Fast's are never the answer. Maybe you could give us an idea of your exercise routine and eating plan and maybe we'll have some recommendations
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    or maybe you should have a splurge day that always kicks my metabolism in gear.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    fasts are a temporary fix to a permanent issue. Even if yours includes food you need to take a real hard look at what you are actually eating and doing to lose weight.

Plateaus are natural, it's your body's way of saying it caught on to you and now it is going to try to stop more weight loss. You have to change up your routine more than "shock" your system. Try increasing your cardio by 20% or doing a different form of cardio.

Also, it is quite possible you are not eating enough. Check your stats and make sure you are getting enough fuel~! :drinker:
  • mamademi
    mamademi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mnay Thanks for your responses

I've been doing this for 10 weeks now and lost 14 pounds, want to lose 8 more.
    Started off on 1200 cal and exercising 30 mins 4x a week.
    Last 3 weeks scale hasnt moved much and so I upped it to 1400 cal. Then I gained 2 piunds, so this week I'm on 1300.

How does the splurge day work?
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options

by eating everything in sight on that day?
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options

:noway: :noway: why would you want to do that ? does that not defeat the purpose of what we are tryng to do?
    just thought i would ask:laugh:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options

:noway: :noway: why would you want to do that ? does that not defeat the purpose of what we are tryng to do?
    just thought i would ask:laugh:

it's a way to shock your body, pretty much as shocking it by fasting... thought it's more fun to pig out than fast :laugh: