crockpot chicken and potatoes

Options
jackibailey
jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
I made this the other night. I got the recipe quite a while ago from this forum and decided to try it. I was skeptical that it would cook correctly. Well it worked and was delicious. I will be making this a lot.

1 roasting chicken
4-6 russet potatoes
Lawry's season salt

Wrap potatoes in foil and place in bottom of crockpot. Rinse chicken inside and out. Pat dry. Spray chicken with cooking spray. The only kind I had was butter. You can use whatever flavor you want. Season whole chicken with season salt. Place breast side down on top of potatoes. Cook on high for four hours. It was a little big for my crockpot but I just wrapped the top with foil and put the lid over that to keep the heat in. The chicken was perfectly cooked at exactly four hours and the potatoes were delicious.

4 oz of chicken has 210 calories. 1 potato has 110 calories. I had butter and light sour cream on mine and served it with a side of broccoli. Very nice low calorie dinner.

Replies

• MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy! I will have to try that!!!! Thanks!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    THANX FOR THIS! I AM A FAN OF MEALS THAT COOK THEMSELVES. ^_^
  • DizzieLizzie779
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the recipe!!
  • sunspotalli
    sunspotalli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm totally going to try this it sounds fabulous
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if you can do this with just boneless skinless chicken breast? I love chicken, just do not do well with the bones....I know I am weird