All you Polar HRM users?

I have a Polar FT40 and it keeps reading 00 no matter what. I want to try changing the battery but it says it takes a CR2025 battery. Where do you buy one for those of you who have replaced yours before??? I checked out Polars website and they are no help. Thanks!

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    I have the same model. How long have you owned it? Been using mine almost 2 years and haven't had the need to replace the battery yet. I did have the reading 00 issue in the past. I replaced the strap and once I did that it worked fine.
  • I have a Polar FT40 and it keeps reading 00 no matter what. I want to try changing the battery but it says it takes a CR2025 battery. Where do you buy one for those of you who have replaced yours before??? I checked out Polars website and they are no help. Thanks!

WalMart
  • boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Hey

Amazon

B
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    I have a Polar FT40 and it keeps reading 00 no matter what. I want to try changing the battery but it says it takes a CR2025 battery. Where do you buy one for those of you who have replaced yours before??? I checked out Polars website and they are no help. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-ECR2025-Watch-Battery/dp/B00004YK1A/ref=pd_sim_hpc_2
  • I have a FT60 and mine does the same. I have to get the strap wet again and make sure it's quite tight, then it works fine. I can't help but wonder if there's a problem with it every time it says 00 though!
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Just keep in mind if you change the battery yourself and don't send it to a dealer, you'll void the warranty.

But if you're getting a 00 reading, it's most likely the chest strap and not the watch. My watch fades and then goes completely blank when the battery needs to be replaced.
  • CR2025 is a common battery that goes in everything from watches to my Nook book light, the cheapest place to get them is Walmart in the jewelry department.
  • goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    The only time that I've had that issue is when I haven't wet the strap enough before use.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    I have the same model. How long have you owned it? Been using mine almost 2 years and haven't had the need to replace the battery yet. I did have the reading 00 issue in the past. I replaced the strap and once I did that it worked fine.

I have had it for a year. I was going to try replacing the battery first because Polars manual suggested that. If that doesn't work I guess I'll have to fork out the money for a strap :0/.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    The only time that I've had that issue is when I haven't wet the strap enough before use.

Oh believe me, I thought that at first so I soaked it so much it made my shirt wet. Still didn't work... I've also washed the strap twice. Still doesn't work...
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    I just got my FT60 in the mail and will be trying it later today. I'm a bit skeptical as my heart rate is thrown off by a few things:

1.) I take beta blockers
    2.) I take a pre-workout drink with caffeine.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Just keep in mind if you change the battery yourself and don't send it to a dealer, you'll void the warranty.

But if you're getting a 00 reading, it's most likely the chest strap and not the watch. My watch fades and then goes completely blank when the battery needs to be replaced.

No, I'm talking about the battery in the snap on sensor thing that hooks onto the strap.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    I have a Polar FS2C and the battery lasted about 3 years before it died...

I had to send mine back to Polar as there is no way of changing the battery yourself on this model. Also is it water resistant? Because if it is and you take the back off you are likely to break the water resistance seal.

If it is reading 00 then it sounds like it works and it could be the battery in the chest strap (if that's how it works?), again if this is the case you may need to send it back to Polar.

The service I received from them was very good but I was loathed to send it back just to change the battery...

Hope this helps...
  • Lisa__Michelle
    OHHHH I see. the battery in the sensor thingy that hooks onto the strap probably cannot be replaced... Shoot. I really didn't want to have to buy a new strap. I think it is still under warranty since it has been under 2 years! That would be lovely.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member

I agree wih this. The newer models, which includes the FT40 have a low battery indicator and they are also user-friendly when it comes to replacing the battery. When mine read "00" it was the strap, I didn't do a very good job in washing and caring for it properly.:embarassed: I got a new strap and been more careful when it comes to washing it now plus no more 00 readings.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    When is the last time you adjusted the size? I was getting 00 and thought it was battery and the strap but it turns out I had lost so many inches, I went from the strap being max out to 3/4 of it pulled back to be made smaller in 3 weeks. Now it works fine!
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    How much does a strap usually cost? I'm finding that when I use it for ZUMBA, it reads "00" partway through, and then regains my HR. What causes it to zero out? I have a Polar FT7. I'm so confused! I haven't used it because of that.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    When is the last time you adjusted the size? I was getting 00 and thought it was battery and the strap but it turns out I had lost so many inches, I went from the strap being max out to 3/4 of it pulled back to be made smaller in 3 weeks. Now it works fine!

I tried that lol Thanks tho