SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! - April 6th

Options
cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Hello, pebbles! Sorry I went a little MIA over the weekend - just never got around to posting. My big news is that I've decided to start logging my calories again... so I'm going to go do that, and then come back to finish my post. I just wanted to get things started here. :smile:

Alright... just plugged everything in... I think I may just LOG this week, and not worry so much about hitting a particular goal. Because it says my net calories should be around 1500 for losing 0.5lb/week... and I'm pretty sure I've been eating more than that. (And according to AD, I probably should!) Breakfast (1/4 c. dry oatmeal, 1 c. blueberries, <1 oz walnuts, OJ, and the coffee w/cream & sugar I'll have at work) came in at around 500. Hmmm.

I've been hitting most of my goals pretty well. Water and bedtime are the two that are a little less consistent, so I will try to work on those this week, in addition to logging. BTW - I went to the gym yesterday and spent an hour on the treadmill, most of it running! I ran for 3.75 miles, and walked a little more than .5 miles in warm-up and cool-down. I was pretty proud. Oh, and I tested pushups on Saturday... I made it to 99(!) before I fell on my face. Darn! I am pretty sure I will get there next weekend, though.

Anne, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I think you are totally allowed a little bit of veg-out time. :flowerforyou:

Vivia, I hope your presentation went well and you had a nice drive back. At least yesterday was much nicer weather. Next time I'll have to come meet you at the Moosewood. :smile:

Oh, and WL - I watched a couple of episodes of Deadliest Catch from Netflix over the weekend because of you. :wink:

Happy workouts, all!

P.S. Oh yeah, my plan for today is strength routine (done), aerobics, water, and logging.

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hello, pebbles! Sorry I went a little MIA over the weekend - just never got around to posting. My big news is that I've decided to start logging my calories again... so I'm going to go do that, and then come back to finish my post. I just wanted to get things started here. :smile:

Alright... just plugged everything in... I think I may just LOG this week, and not worry so much about hitting a particular goal. Because it says my net calories should be around 1500 for losing 0.5lb/week... and I'm pretty sure I've been eating more than that. (And according to AD, I probably should!) Breakfast (1/4 c. dry oatmeal, 1 c. blueberries, <1 oz walnuts, OJ, and the coffee w/cream & sugar I'll have at work) came in at around 500. Hmmm.

I've been hitting most of my goals pretty well. Water and bedtime are the two that are a little less consistent, so I will try to work on those this week, in addition to logging. BTW - I went to the gym yesterday and spent an hour on the treadmill, most of it running! I ran for 3.75 miles, and walked a little more than .5 miles in warm-up and cool-down. I was pretty proud. Oh, and I tested pushups on Saturday... I made it to 99(!) before I fell on my face. Darn! I am pretty sure I will get there next weekend, though.

Anne, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I think you are totally allowed a little bit of veg-out time. :flowerforyou:

Vivia, I hope your presentation went well and you had a nice drive back. At least yesterday was much nicer weather. Next time I'll have to come meet you at the Moosewood. :smile:

Oh, and WL - I watched a couple of episodes of Deadliest Catch from Netflix over the weekend because of you. :wink:

Happy workouts, all!

P.S. Oh yeah, my plan for today is strength routine (done), aerobics, water, and logging.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I was MIA over the weekend too. I just didn't have time to post.
    CP, Congrats on running that long on the treadmill! I couldn't do that! Not even close. 99? Aw! So close! Yes you probably will get there this weekend! :bigsmile: So proud of you!
    Anne, sorry about your loss. Praying for comfort and encouragement for you and your family!
    V, How was your trip? Did the driving go okay?
    How is everyone else?
    Today I am implementing my new schedule. It's already a little off time wise since Alex is sleeping in (but I'm not complaining!). But it won't be down to the minute and some days things will change and be off, but I am just trying to get a little bit of everything done instead of focusing on one thing too long and losing my whole day. Included in this schedule is work out time and two hours of therapy time with Alex. I think he really needs this and I've been slacking in that department!
    I have also failed on most of my goals for this challenge since I was sick. :grumble: I just didn't care and the only thing that made me feel better was to eat.
    So today:
    drink water
    eat smaller portions
    exercise(turbo jam I hope, if I have the energy)
    therapy
    clean the house
    laundry
    It's "cold" and windy today but I may take Alex to the park this morning and try to get him to play while there aren't many kids (distractions) around and we'll feed the ducks. :laugh: I accidentally put an "i" there instead of a "u". That would have been bad! :laugh:
    Have a good day!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    3.75 miles, wow, 99 push-ups, wow again!

I'm considering upping my yoga goal from 3x a week to 5. I'm a better person on the days I do yoga. I'm going to do 3 classes and 2 on my own. I did it last week, so it's possible.

Today: yoga and bike errands - unless I get too cold, then I'll head to the gym.

New week Boogaloo,

Mary
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA for about a week. I slipped off the wagon ... not as bad as I have done in the past since I wasn't continuously eating and I was fairly active but I was eating what I wanted for my meals but today is weigh in day so I thought it was a good day to step back up. Unfortunately with 2 exams I have no time for the gym today but my goal is to stay within calories and eat a little healthier than my usual choices.

Nicole
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

CP that is great! Keep up the good work.

Wooooo hooo DEADLIEST CATCH!!!!!

I did pretty well over the weekend. One thing I'm thinking is to post as often as needed throughout the day in our thread here just to keep myself on track as the day wears on. I'm always raring to go in the morning and struggle at late afternoon/ night.

I'm off to the gym now and my goal is to burn 750 calories one way or the other today. It's hot and sunny and I'm hoping to talk my sister into going for a walk as well.

Monday booooogaloooo!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Okay, I got my exercise in. It wasn't much but it took a lot out of me. I'm doing push ups now.
    DH's car broke down AGAIN! It's at least once a month. It's a Ford if that says anything. :wink: I'm kidding. I hope he can get it fixed so I won't have to go get him again.
    I still have another hour of working with Alex, and make dinner and get in four more glasses of water, and put away laundry.
    MM
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for your kind thoughts. Nicole, welcome back. MM you are right ,feeding the d-cks is not really G rated for Alex

We are having some yuck weather here around 0c degress with rainy snow, really sucks your energy cold to the bone, makes for a tired day.

-Its not quite 5pm here and I have 250 cals for the rest of the day....must be careful
    -Had a slow relaxing bike ride in my dungeon (basement) this morning
    -Left work early:smile:
    -Ate my friends homemade lasagne for lunch...sucked up my cals but it was soooo good
    -I'll make my water goal today

Better weather boogaloo
    Anne
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi Pebbs. . .

CP, I didn't realize how close I would be to Rochester. I should have thought ahead. . .I would have loved company at Moosewood.:wink: Oh, and I decided to quit logging again. (I discovered that I'm less nervous/stressed about food when I don't log. . .and I think I trust my hunger and my judgement enough in normal circumstances to not log)

And, it's official. . .I'm sick again (still?). The rash on my face is back with a vengeance. Thank god for the stage makeup course I took a hundred years ago. . .as I had to make myself look vaguely human for the presentation. It went very well. . .I actually had some very senior colleagues (heavy hitters in my field) asking for MY card. Luckily, I had just printed out some cards, so I had them.

I'm not really sure what to do with myself. I admit it, I'm very, very discouraged by my current health. I'm going to try to get into my doctor tomorrow to see if still being sick is normal from this, or if it could possibly be something else. I am so tired all the time, which makes it hard to do anything extra. I think I just have to take the radical step of (gasp!) resting when I'm tired. :noway: Not going to help the workout goals much. . . Boo. Boo-hoo.

Extra naps boogaloo,
    V.:flowerforyou:

sorry, just needed to vent there.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    V, I'm glad your presentation went well! I'm so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well again! I hope you can get in to see the doc tomorrow and get some thing to help!
    I do not know what my problem is but I can't stop eating! I know when I am full. I've been doing this long enough that I know I shouldn't eat as much as I do, but I just don't know how to quit. I really feel like a failure right now. It's not even sweets. It's just food...good food. I guess I need to eat food I don't like to lose weight. :noway: Maybe once I get over the flu, AF, and get back into a good work out routine then it will diminish on its own? :huh:
    That was my vent. lol
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Maybe once I get over the flu, AF, and get back into a good work out routine then it will diminish on its own? :huh:
    That was my vent. lol
    MM

You know what, I think it will. I discover more and more that getting my workouts in is key. It offsets the extra calories, and (more importantly) it lowers my stress levels. I find that when I'm able to stick to my routine, the healthier food choices take care of themselves. Which is why I'm so cranky right now, because I can't workout.. :flowerforyou:

check it out, vent boogaloo.:wink:
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Thanks Deanea good to be back!

V, I hope you get to the doctor and feel better soon!

MM, I'm in the same boat right now! I did so good today and then all of a sudden at about 9:30 I had an intense craving for chips and dip ... and I wasn't even hungry. But I was all antsy until I ate them! That's why I fell off the wagon last week, too! So we are working through this together!

I will be weighing in before I go to bed and posting tomorrow morning. Hopefully I wake up (especially since I have an exam I will need to study a little more for.)

Good night!
    Nicole