Cauliflower pizza crust

Options
I made this and I absolutely loved it! It taste just like regular pizza! I used a cheese grater instead of a food processor and it was very easy and effective.

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Serves 2

Ingredients:

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg white, beaten
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp garlic salt
olive oil (optional)

pizza sauce, shredded cheese and your choice of toppings*

Directions:

To "Rice" the Cauliflower:
Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.

One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

To Make the Pizza Crust:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.

Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.

Remove from oven. To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).

Replies

• vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Calorie count??
  • karensquiz
    Options
    bump!
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    So you grat/rice the cauliflower before cooking right???
  • treatingmybodyright
    Options
    What a fantastic idea! Thanks!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I'm printing this out for later. Thanks
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Bless you!!! I'm going to have an all out veggie pizza!!
  • avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    Options
    sounds great. need to go shopping now!LOL Thanks for sharing:bigsmile:
  • ashleighk90
    ashleighk90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I need to try this!
  • hlshubert
    Options
    wow - sounds yummo! will definetly try!
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm going to try this!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Be careful when you grate it... cauliflower chunks ricochet everywhere! Wheee!!

My calorie count (which depends on whether or not you use eggwhite/eggs and which cheese you use) was around 1000 calories for the whole crust.

I gotta be honest, it's not pizza dough, but it really pleasantly surprised me!

ETA: My fiance eats like a horse so I doubled the recipe to make a medium sized pizza. That's why my numbers are so high. Ooopsies!
  • angelbeville
    Options
    thanks for sharing! Sounds wonderful!
  • DirtyHippieFeet
    Options
    Sounds awesome, thanks! :D This recipe serves a dual purpose for me since I'm watching what I eat, and my husband is allergic to gluten. Thanks!
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    That sounds really delicious! Thank you!
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    Definitely going to have to try this. It sounds awesome!
  • smcase
    smcase Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'll be trying this one, thanks!
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Sounds delicious will need to try
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Be careful when you grate it... cauliflower chunks ricochet everywhere! Wheee!!

My calorie count (which depends on whether or not you use eggwhite/eggs and which cheese you use) was around 1000 calories for the whole crust.

I gotta be honest, it's not pizza dough, but it really pleasantly surprised me!

I ran it thru the recipe maker on MFP and I got 590 calories which incl 1 tbs Olive Oil. That is strange, I think it must have to do with the cheese portion. ** And I didnt use any sauce.
    Still it sounds good!
  • shilohsale
    Options
    Great idea!
  • Ladydrake12
    Ladydrake12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing idea! I love cauliflower (and pizza of course) so I will HAVE to try it.