For everyone that has had success with 30 day shred

Options
I need some MAJOR motivation. I've seen some amazing before & after pics on this site but I just can't bring myself to complete the first workout. I tried it once before & I was able to complete 5 mins of it and than I sat and watched the rest, LOL. So embarrassing but anyway, can anyone give me some encouraging words or you can even post your pictures your success stories. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've just bought it! It will be here in a couple of days, you can start with me if you want? We can keep each other in check! I'm so excited, but terrified I wont be able to do it!!

I saw some amazing photos of people on here who have done it, and it made me want to give it a go!!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    #1Put on your favorite music and tune JM out, she's annoying.
    #2 If you can't keep up with the paid fitness models, just modify the exercise, even when JM says not too.

As long as you work your hardest each day you'll gain the strength and endurance needed. Eventually you'll be able to complete the full workout.
    :smile:
  • amipatel98
    Options
    I started the "ripped in 30days". First week was not as challenging as the 2nd week...you will absolutely sweat..JM works you out!

You can do it!!!! Find something that motivates you --perhaps a reward. Do the program as you are supposed to and you will see results and reward yourself :).

Good Luck!
  • alix1105
    Options
    You can do it!!! I know it sucks at first, especially if you are just starting it and haven't worked out in a lonnnnngggg time. I just started it yesterday and I haven't worked out since I was like 19 (i'm gonna be 25 this year haha) It's brutal at first, but really, just go easy the first day and really, really push yourself next time. I love it. I am a little "eh" when it comes to the kick boxing parts because I seriously have no hand-eye coordination! But I still just try to stick with it. Slowly but surely. You can do it!!! and I also found that I have more energy today! you'll be feeling great in no time!! You just gotta stick with it, rather then the whole "eh, I'll start tomorrow." You got this! :)
  • WannaBeThin87
    WannaBeThin87 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'm just so scared cause I'm 24 and I have never worked out my whole life..the most i've done is walk here and there
  • birdieintx
    Options
    I agree with what the gals above have said. Just keep going! Do what you can, maybe go slower or modify it a little but just keep going. I remember when I started 30 DS and during the opening sequence it shows moves from the higher levels and I thought, why am I doing this? I'll never be able to do that move. And here I am doing level 3 and the moves I thought were impossible. And sometimes I can do the moves the advanced way and sometimes I have to do them the beginner way and often times I'm in the middle. Don't get discouraged just do what you can and push yourself when you can!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'm just so scared cause I'm 24 and I have never worked out my whole life..the most i've done is walk here and there

i'm 40 !!!! if i can do it you can too :smile:
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

i'm 40 !!!! if i can do it you can too :smile:
    I'm 53, ditto.:flowerforyou:
  • WannaBeThin87
    WannaBeThin87 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    haha, that's true. no excuses!!!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    The point of exercise is just to get up and move... Just do the best you can... Jillian's not in the room to literally yell at you.... now that would be scary... Just do what you can, your body will let you know if you are doing too much or not enough.
  • Teshablue82
    Teshablue82 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    #2 If you can't keep up with the paid fitness models, just modify the exercise, even when JM says not too.

As long as you work your hardest each day you'll gain the strength and endurance needed. Eventually you'll be able to complete the full workout.

I totally agree with this comment! I can't stand to hear her talk over and over again. I would add my own music and modify the exercises to what you CAN do. I am on day 6 of level 1 and I have noticed it does get easier, even though I still get out of breath.

Keep your head up!
  • alix1105
    Options

I feel you girl! I'm 24 right now too and it was my first time working out in a while since yesterday. I feel more motivated when I look at what i COULD/WANT to look like. (i always look at mybodygallery.com lol its a good motivator for me tho) feel free to add me if you like, but don't be discouraged. the 30DS is a good workout :) you can do it!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    my results the 1st time i completed the 30 day shred

progressieside.jpg
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    DONT give up!!!! It is definately not easy. I thought that it would be generally easy for me because I keep active but I was "huffing and puffing" the first day too! But the main thing is even if you dont finish the first day completely you dont stop. Your Endurance and Strength WILL get better and you'll be happy you stuck with it.

This is my second round of the shred and its still tough at times. But Im sticking with it because im seeing results and its strengthing my core which has always been my weakness.

Happy Shredding!!!
  • lagcrg
    lagcrg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just did my 4th day yesterday on level 1...the first 2 days where the hardest to get through and the sorest for me...I haven't workout like this in years (just turned 34), I had to stop or modify several times and I am still struggling a little with the push up, but I really, really, want the reward of having a better looking and healthier body so I am pushing through. I would say if you need a break take one for a couple minutes then jump into whatever activity they are working on. Over a few days you will find that you can do more and more. I also am taking break days, I almost always take Sat & Sun off from working out, but this week I took today off. And on those days I just work harder to stick to my MFP cal amount. How bad do you want the reward you will get? One other thing I read about 30 DS is that you could spend 30 days on each level if that is what gets you through them. I am understanding that if you want to finish it in 30 days you would spend 10 days on each level, I think if you look at it as a 10 day workout you can encourage yourself to keep going and see results after 10 days. Good luck!!
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of the 30 day shred and with each session it will get easier. Hang in there, I have seen quite a few sucess stories with the 30 day shred. If anyone can do it, so can we! Good luck, always remember the light at the end of the tunnel :smile:
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The point of exercise is just to get up and move... Just do the best you can... Jillian's not in the room to literally yell at you.... now that would be scary... Just do what you can, your body will let you know if you are doing too much or not enough.

She threatens to come through the television in a later dvd!
  • NaturalKween_25
    NaturalKween_25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

YES, I re-started 30Day Shred today after dropping the ball last year!!!!! I put on my Slacker Radio and rocked it out!!! Made a heck of a difference.
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm 40, 5'11" 248.8 and I've been doing the shred for 9 days, today will be day 10. I absolutely thought I was going to die the first few days in this program, but I've gotten stubborn about it and I've been pushing thru.

I've not had much weight loss with it, but I measured this morning and I'm down 3 inches in my waist. That counts! I can also tell a big difference in my stamina, I can make it pretty much all the way thru now without collapsing. :) Bicycle crunches kick my bootie everytime.

I'm a work in progress. If I can do it, so can you!
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9, if I can stick to it anyone can! I am queen of quitting EVERYTHING I start. The first few days were miserable and hard, I am on level 2 now, its still hard but I can get through it, and it will be worth it in the end! GOODLUCK!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!