Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Snacks

How do you decide what you will have for your snack? How many snacks do you have a day? Do you try to keep snacks below a certain calorie amount?

Replies

• spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Hi!!!
    I DO snack...I actually eat 6-10 times a day (I'm hypoglycemic..so I kind of have to)
    I have a protein shake when I get up
    breakfast
    snack: fruit or greek yogurt or fiber one 90 calorie bar or veggies or protein shake
    lunch
    snack: usually protein shake..cuz this is around 3 or 4...and I am either on my way home, or getting ready to workout at the gym
    dinner
    snack: protein shake, double scoop to keep me til morning

When I train..I eat more...this is just a normal day for me

I try to keep them below 150 calories at a time
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    I snack when Im at work! when i get home its dinner and thats it! i snack on the 100 calorie packs of items and pretzels! or fresh fruit and viggies, kinda whatever I cut up on sunday for the week!
  • I normally try to pick snack times for the times of day I know I will be hungry, I don't do morning snacks because I know I will be fine until lunch, but I mean 3 o'clock is serious snack time and so is after dinner. My fav snacks are:
    - greek yogurt with some fresh strawberries
    - pistachio pudding :) (as an after dinner treat obviously)
    - carrots and hummus
    - bananas (just as they are)

As for calorie count it depends on the snack for me, afternoon snack is usually around 250 cals but after dinner is 150ish or even 100. I more aim for the size of portion and make sure its reasonable (ie 1/2 cup of pudding, 3 tbs of hummus, etc.).
  • Thanks guys!