Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Shocked !!!!!

I got on my scales this morning and just stood there in tears. I have never weighed so much in all my life and it's time to do something about it. Since meeting my husband in 1999 I have put on 5 stones, I need to lose this and my diet starts today. My friend told me about this website this morning and it seems really good so I'm going to use it to see if it helps me.:cry:

Replies

• Good luck :) I am sure you will do well, I've been using it for a few days and it really helps as there is such a strong group of supportive people :) x
  • I've been there! I gained 35lbs 2 years ago on an injury leave from sport and I avoided the scale until I couldn't fit in any of my pants!! Tracking your food definitely helps, just the awareness alone will cause you to make better choices.

Don't get discouraged! It takes time but eating healthy and regular exercise is the only guaranteed diet :) Have you set a goal weight and date? I found that really helped for me and continues to make sure I stay on track.

Take care!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Welcome! :bigsmile: If you wanna friend u can add me! I love friends :bigsmile:
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    It's okay sweetie ... you aren't alone. Feel free to add me if you need friends
  • salmanajmal
    salmanajmal Posts: 93 Member
    you have come to the right place. mfp didnt only change my weight it changed my whole lifestyle.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Welcome :smile:

You'll find great support and good info here.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    I was right there with you just two weeks ago... So not fair, right?

Get yourself a support system (this site has been fantastic since I started really using it last weekend), set yourself some reasonable goals and get moving!

Good luck!
  • Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Welcome! I think most of us can relate to that "shocked" moment! Myfitnesspal is a really awesome tool! You can do it!!!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Welcome and you have taken a step in the right direction..........friend me if you would like:bigsmile:
  • faiga
    faiga Posts: 47
    feel free to add me as a friend
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Welcome aboard! You'll find a lot of people around here with similar issues. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • I think many of us here have felt that moment of tears on the scale.

You've come to the right place to make the changes that will wipe those tears away and bring a smile to your face. The changes wont happen overnight, but with dedication and determination, you will see a change.

Take care!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 751 Member
    Welcome. You can do this. You have already taken the first step! !!
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    I remember that moment for me. You made a step in the right direction! Welcome! You can do this, therre is amazing support here! :smile:
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Oh, been there - done that! No worries, you've come to the right place. Welcome to mfp and the first day of your new beginning! Think of it as a lifestyle change... in my opinion you should be proud that you're here to do something about it. Good luck to you - there is a wonderful support system on here!! :flowerforyou:
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 273 Member
    good luck! I've only started here a few days ago myself and it seems perfect for my needs! hope you (and me!) find alot of success here!

P.S. feel free to add me to your friends list!
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    You made a life changing decision today. Welcome... feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • its true, you have come to the right place! I am pretty new too, but really love it~!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 476 Member
    Welcome! I think most of us can relate to that "shocked" moment! Myfitnesspal is a really awesome tool! You can do it!!!

Yes...we ALL have had that particular "Ah Ha" moment...and it wasn't pleasant!!! Lol. You definitely have come to the right place... I LOVE myfitnesspal (MFP) and it truly has become almost an obsession! I've lost 14 pounds in 3 weeks and can safely say that it is ALL because of the supportive people I have met on this site and the AMAZING awareness, by counting calories, of how MUCH I was actually consuming! That was another shocker! Good luck to you...and feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    We all feel the same way hun- {{HUGS}}

I was almost to my goal when I got pregnant with #2 and gained it ALL back *cry*
    then shortly there after got pregnant with # 3 so i am sooo back to where i was 3 years ago

add as friend if ya want hun - we can all help each other