Cardio question about body fat

Ok, so I have alot of belly fat (can you say muffin top :frown: ) , and body fat in general. I hate lifting weights and so do not want to use any of those weight machines at the gym.

Will I be able to loss body fat just doing cardio? I can usually only make it to the gym about 3 sometimes 4 days a week. I spend about 45 to 60 mins on the treadmill and elliptical machine and burn between 400 and 550 calories depending on how much I actually run on the treadmill.

I have been going to the gym for about a month now and using MFP for the same amount of time.

i have been thinking about doing the 30 day shred at home on the days I don't go to the gym, would this be a better way to burn actual fat?

Replies

• bump
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Yes, you will burn body fat when you burn more calories per day than you eat.
  • It seems like alot of people on here say that you need to tone to lose the weight, which would mean using the machines correct? So will it just take longer for me to lose the body fat not doing the machines/
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Yes, you will burn body fat when you burn more calories per day than you eat.

This ^^^^^^^^^

Losing body fat has more to do with diet than anything else.