How do you eat when you're not hungry?

Options
I'm not hungry but forcing myself to eat. Now that I'm getting better at cutting out processed food (soups, frozen meals, etc...) my calories seem to be lower. I've been eating more veggies and high protein. However I feel like I have to stuff myself to get my calories in so my body doesn't feel like it's starving. Any tips or how do you deal with this?

I also cut out grabbing candy snacks, cookies, and drinking pop. Most of all I cut out fast food.

Replies

• QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I wish I had this problem. :/ I'm a boredom eater.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat if you're not hungry??
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    it's simple! i don't.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Ya...I don't have this problem. Wish I did...

My fiance never gets hungry either. He can go an entire day and then realize he hasn't eaten a thing... I force him to eat dinner though...lol
  • lmbigsby
    Options
    I am having the exact same issues. Looking forward to seeing suggestions.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    go for the calorie dense foods, especially fats. a little bit of olive oil or peanut butter here and there add up fast.

we also have an entry in the faq with some more suggestions: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/410771-i-can-t-reach-my-calorie-goal-it-s-too-much-food
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I don't eat when I'm not hungry.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Just eat more calorie dense foods....Peanut Butter, Nuts, Avocado, Pasta, Olive Oil, etc
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Open mouth. Insert food. Chew. Swallow. That's how I do it! Seriously, you need to research some calorie-dense healthy foods - they do exist! Good luck!
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I deal with this all the time during the day. By late at night I am usually ready for something but all day long I'm just forcing whatever I can get down. I do what you're probably doing - reminding myself constantly that I "have" to eat and make sure that I have something, anything.
  • BillieS
    BillieS Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I wish I had your problem. If I am bored, sick, depressed, by myself etc. I find myself looking for a snack. I mostly snack on healthy stuff - fruit, nuts etc.; however, they are full of calories and in the case of nuts - fat; but I am a living example that you can get fat eating right if you eat too much. I would LOVE to have your problem.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    If I'm not hungry, I don't eat. Try some more foods with good fats, like avocados and nuts, to up your calorie count without going to foods that are bad for you.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Pizza solves most all of lifes problems.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat if you're not hungry??

^^^^^

Really tired of these posts.
  • tennillewade
    tennillewade Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    you don't eat when you are not hungry. Don't let your self get to the point where you are to hungry so you won't ever overeat.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I'm not hungry but forcing myself to eat. Now that I'm getting better at cutting out processed food (soups, frozen meals, etc...) my calories seem to be lower. I've been eating more veggies and high protein. However I feel like I have to stuff myself to get my calories in so my body doesn't feel like it's starving. Any tips or how do you deal with this?

I also cut out grabbing candy snacks, cookies, and drinking pop. Most of all I cut out fast food.

Your body feels like it is starving, but you are not hungry? It sounds like you are not listening to your body's hunger cues. If you have a hard time eating more quantity, start eating more calorie dense foods like avacadoes and nuts, eat full fat dairy, etc.
  • Noadi
    Noadi Posts: 27
    Options
    There are plenty of good calorie dense healthy foods: nuts and nut butter (peanut butter is great, but also look for cashew and almond butter to mix it up), lean meat is pretty calorie dense and has lots of protein, eggs, full fat dairy products (yogurt, cheese, etc.).
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't eat when I'm not hungry. Luckily, I manage to get enough calories in that when I'm not hungry I can afford to just not eat.
  • MissesJai
    Options
    I don't eat if I'm not hungry either, which usually works in my favor in the end.
  • Wrigleymom
    Options
    Find some higher calorie and good quality foods - nuts are a great one or avacados.