Build Endurance*
Nature's Detoxifier - Cleanse the body*
Boost Energy Levels*
Control Appetite*
Maintain Healthy Cardiovascular function*
Support the Liver and Kidneys*
Reduce Inflammation*
Benefit People Who Suffer from Allergies*

Anyone tried & tested since the reviews from the majority of people seem 5 star!

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Not me. I'm immune to 'junk science'.
  • LaVieEnRaw
    Options
    I usually put it in my green smoothies *although I haven't had one for the last week* and I usually add a pretty large amount. I'm not to sure about the specific effects it's had on my hair and nails, but I do know that it is VERY filling, due to the high protein content. I also feel very energetic after I drink it, and I've noticed the difference on days that I do take it and on days that I don't. If you can handle the taste, I suggest powder form, because with the tablets you'll have to take massive amounts to get the full effect.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I've used it, not for what the label says, but beause it seems like a more natural thing to add to my shakes. I like the taste and you get your veggie servings in too.
    Options

Wow. Tell us how you really feel. :huh:
  • Sl1ghtly
    Options

Glad too. I feel this product is marketed in a way to take advantage of those who are desperate to lose weight, but lack basic nutritional knowledge. Also, a balanced diet combined with a reasonable excersize routine will accomplish everything this product claims.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of superfoods.

Pumpkin
    Spirulina
    Chorella (Wuji Chorella, look it up - recommended by my Dr)

These are my favorites.
  • LaVieEnRaw
    Options

Glad too. I feel this product is marketed in a way to take advantage of those who are desperate to lose weight, but lack basic nutritional knowledge. Also, a balanced diet combined with a reasonable excersize routine will accomplish everything this product claims.

Actually, it's marketed towards people who choose a raw vegan diet. It's a protein source, in the case that they think they need more protein in their diet. Spirulina does not in any way help you to lose weight, it simply provides necessary vitamins and a few health benefits. Junk science would be something that is man-made and ineffective, as opposed to a natural food source that has been utilized for centuries. Sure you could receive the same benefits by adjusting your diet differently, but some people may choose to do it in a different way than yourself, sir. It doesn't make it any less effective.

You would sound a lot smarter if you you didn't make biased assumptions on a product you don't even use, but I digress. Thank you for attempting to make an argument anyways.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I use it, the brand is Synergy Energy and it tastes f**king disgusting

But, I find it the benefits far out way the minute of yuk in my mouth
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian myself that's why i made this post to start off not because its "science junk".

Its a great source of nutrients & ALL amino acids.

I wanted to know is for the people who have TRIED IT, to tell me their opinions on the product & how they feel towards it.

I've just ordered the 1000mg tablets to i take 3 a day :) cheap as well, if anyone wants to know were and how much i ordered it for just let me know.

Can't wait to try it !
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I used it and will take it again. I chose it for the high protein content, the chlorophyll and because it is fantastic for your hair and skin. Before I tried it I fed it to one of my dogs who suffered from severe skin problems and didn't want to eat. The success was just awesome. Since then I am on and off Spirulina every 8 weeks. My allergies are gone, my hair and nails are growing properly ( I suffered hair loss due to menopause). It is a super food but you have to make sure it is organic. Otherwise it might contain molecules of chemicals you son't want in your diet.
    Another super food is Quinoa and Goji berry. Just google it, it's no junk:noway:
  • Sl1ghtly
    Options

Actually, it's marketed towards people who choose a raw vegan diet. It's a protein source, in the case that they think they need more protein in their diet. Spirulina does not in any way help you to lose weight, it simply provides necessary vitamins and a few health benefits. Junk science would be something that is man-made and ineffective, as opposed to a natural food source that has been utilized for centuries. Sure you could receive the same benefits by adjusting your diet differently, but some people may choose to do it in a different way than yourself, sir. It doesn't make it any less effective.

You would sound a lot smarter if you you didn't make biased assumptions on a product you don't even use, but I digress. Thank you for attempting to make an argument anyways.

"Sure you could receive the same benefits by adjusting your diet.." That was my point.

"Junk science would be something that is man-made..." Not exactly. Junk science is faulty or fabricated scientific data and analysis used to advance special interests.

"... biased assumptions on a product you don't even use.." Whether or not I use a product has nothing to do with the capabilities or inadequacy of the product.
    Options

Thank you!! :bigsmile:
  • LaVieEnRaw
    Options

"Sure you could receive the same benefits by adjusting your diet.." That was my point.

"Junk science would be something that is man-made..." Not exactly. Junk science is faulty or fabricated scientific data and analysis used to advance special interests.

"... biased assumptions on a product you don't even use.." Whether or not I use a product has nothing to do with the capabilities or inadequacy of the product.

You're just mad because you aren't immortal like all of us vegans.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I'll just throw bee pollen into the mix/argument

I take that too
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options

I'm a vegan, and I use it. There are only so many ways we can get our protein.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options

I don't understand this logic ^^. If you don't use the product, then how do you know what its capabilities or inadequacies are? You're right, whether or not you use it doesn't have anything to do with it, but I'm not sure that was the point she was making. But good job diverting the issue.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Spirulina is a protein dense plant based food that looks like it's high in protein and pretty nutrient dense.

I think making the claim that any individual food source will cause body composition change, or hair growth, or boost your immune system, or anything else -- is pretty much silly without the context of the entire diet being included.

The question I'd ask is, how expensive is Spirulina and what dosage are you getting? Does it taste good?

You could very likely fulfill your dietary needs and get everything that Spirulina gives you simply by making different food choices, but hey -- if they have some at your grocery store and you like it, and you can afford it, then it looks like a good food choice.
  • emaxtastic
    emaxtastic Posts: 41 Member
    Options

I have never even thought of it for one second as something for weight loss. I use it as an immune booster when I simply cannot get sick (I work in the film and theatre industry), or when I've been around sick people and am afraid of catching. And, to add, I have a very balanced diet and exercise almost daily, and do NOT ever go for fad weight loss gimmicks.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

I have never even thought of it for one second as something for weight loss. I use it as an immune booster when I simply cannot get sick (I work in the film and theatre industry), or when I've been around sick people and am afraid of catching. And, to add, I have a very balanced diet and exercise almost daily, and do NOT ever go for fad weight loss gimmicks.

I'm curious-- do you take a multivitamin and if so, what properties of Spirulina do you believe contribute to your immune system in the context of an already balanced diet? I'm not asking to attack you, I want to learn your reasoning because perhaps you will convince me that it's beneficial in an already nutrient sufficient diet.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I take it in the morning with my multi vitamin and I think it's working. I feel pretty great all the time even when I don't take it though, I will continue to take it simply because it has so many health benefits and I am allergic to most pain killers so if can save me in the long run from having to take them I am all in.