Results Question

Options
Curious. Are any of you losing weight at the rate that MFP claims you will by sticking to your calorie goals or is it off? Need the motivation and results! Thanks!!!

Replies

• Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    More of less, yes. Keep in mind, there is a lot of estimation (i.e. guessing) involved. The starting base number of calories is obviously a loose guess, calories burned exercising, calories eaten, etc. I try to overestimate what I'm eating, underestimate my exercise, and it's been working. I'm actually losing a little faster than their prediction.
  • Sydney0710
    Sydney0710 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've only been on MFP for about 4.5 wks, but i lost a lot more in the first couple of weeks and less than predicted (by their generic calculations) in the last two weeks.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    If you're eating high quality calorie sources, doing the exercise and drinking water, there is no reason that you can't do it. Most people lose about a pound a week on average. Even when trying for 2. So, just be careful, and log everything! Even "no calorie" stuff!

Also, how fast you lose depends a lot on how much you need to lose. The early weight comes off much faster than when you're close to goal. (Having been almost there twice, I really know this to be true!) Stay focused and you can get there!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Not exactly. But I'm on the smaller side and am really just trying to lose the last few pounds which is the hardest part because my body is getting so efficient.

Weight loss is not a neatly, negative sloping graph all the time. It fluctuates, stalls, drops dramatically at times. Be sure not to just focus on the scale, but other indicators such as energy level, measurements (waist, chest, hips, legs, arms, etc), how your clothes fit, how you feel, etc. These will keep you sane on the days you want to hurl your scale through the bathroom window.

Best of luck!
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    More of less, yes. Keep in mind, there is a lot of estimation (i.e. guessing) involved. The starting base number of calories is obviously a loose guess, calories burned exercising, calories eaten, etc. I try to overestimate what I'm eating, underestimate my exercise, and it's been working. I'm actually losing a little faster than their prediction.

I agree with the above quote! but I also have adjusted my goals and put in what was suggested for me to do and for the most part I am right on target as long as I don't get off track and eat things I shouldn't be eatting. The adjustments I did were geared for me speciffically. Good luck to you just keep trying till it is right for you