Shopping is so much fun...

Options
Nessc
Nessc Posts: 137 Member
when you can shop for smaller sizes. I went to the mall over the weekend and, even though I didn't buy a new outfit, it was still fun shopping for a smaller size. I am normally buying a size 14 skirt. After losing 16 pounds, I was able to put on a size 8 skirt. :noway: :drinker: I was so excited and my motivation shot through the roof. Just has to share!!!

Replies

• Nessc
    Options
    when you can shop for smaller sizes. I went to the mall over the weekend and, even though I didn't buy a new outfit, it was still fun shopping for a smaller size. I am normally buying a size 14 skirt. After losing 16 pounds, I was able to put on a size 8 skirt. :noway: :drinker: I was so excited and my motivation shot through the roof. Just has to share!!!
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience this weekend! I went to the store and tried on a size 12 suit but had to ask the lady for a TEN! I've never in my life had to ask for a SMALLER size! I didn't buy anything either because I don't want it to not fit when I lose the rest of the weight I need to, but I was really motivated to keep going after that experience :0)

:flowerforyou:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! I have finally enjoyed shopping for clothes for the first time in a long time.
    Buy yourself some cute stuff, you deserve it!
  • Jklongley_99
    Options
    Tell me about it! I went from a size 10/12 to a size 4 and there for a while I couldn't stop shopping. That is until I got my credit card bill!! But it was worth every bit of it!!!:laugh:
  • Nessc
    Options
    I didn't buy anything either because I don't want it to not fit when I lose the rest of the weight I need to, but I was really motivated to keep going after that experience :0)

:flowerforyou:

That's what I thought...There's no use in spending well over $100.00 for an outfit that may not...WILL not fit me in a month...I'm planning to go back shopping this week to see if I can find something cheaper...I want to look good at Easter, but I don't want to throw money away either...:wink:
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you. I just started the program last Wednesday and I have not got back on the scale yet but yesterday I went to church and I was able to put on a skirt that I have not worn in several months so I was happy. I am really trying to wait until wednesday to get back on the scale but its getting hard I am just so excited to see how much I have lost. But I can't wait until I can go into the stores and buy smaller sizes like you.
  • Nessc
    Options
    I am so happy for you. I just started the program last Wednesday and I have not got back on the scale yet but yesterday I went to church and I was able to put on a skirt that I have not worn in several months so I was happy. I am really trying to wait until wednesday to get back on the scale but its getting hard I am just so excited to see how much I have lost. But I can't wait until I can go into the stores and buy smaller sizes like you.

You can do it...Don't get frustrated when the scale doesn't move...Be sure to check your measurments as well. Sometimes the scale doesn't move, but you may lose inches. I highly recommend checking those measurements:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is so great, keep up the great work.
  • stephfannie86
    Options
    Awesome! That is the best feeling!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!!!
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I bought a new spring jacket for about $70 and it was fairly tight. It was an extra large. Now it is quite roomy and it feels great. I am so happy I have lost even this piddly 7 pounds. I liken it to potatoes. I never buy potatoes anymore when I shop alone as they are too heavy for me to carry. (never use a cart for some reason) 10 pounds of potatoes is quite heavy. Can't wait til I have lost 10 pounds.
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    :happy: that is exciting. tks for sharing your success!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!