Replies

• jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Hurrah for pierced and tattooed ladies too :laugh:
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Congrats on all your hard work! Sure has paid off big time!! :bigsmile:
  • nikimec
    nikimec Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOVE THE MISFITS DRESS :)

yesssss! A fellow Misfits fan!!
  • nikimec
    nikimec Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank all of you for your amazing words. It literally brought tears to my eyes reading through all the replies.

Its so easy to lose sight of the bigger picture. Focusing on "If I could only lose that last 45 pounds..." instead of focusing on what you HAVE lost, and the HUGE life changes that came with it. As we all know, its not easy. Its so much easier to say screw it, get a couple cheese burgers and take a nap, rather than put in the effort of KNOWING what you're putting in your body, and taking that extra time to exercise everyday, etc. You all rule for making that effort.

As far as how I did it, in 2009, my best friend since the 5th grade was getting married that August. In March, naturally, she asked me to be her maid of honor. Of course I was honored, but not stoked to find a dress at pretty much 400 pounds. Now, being that large, you tend to go one of two ways, knowing you're that large, OR thinking you're the cats meow. I certainly thought I was the cats meow, until that dreadful day at Davids Bridal. The biggest dress they had, if I recall a size 32 was pushing it. It was the most soul crushing experience of my life. At that point I decided I was going to change.

I started weight watchers to lose weight for her wedding. I ended up dropping down to a size 26, and they actually exchanged my dress. That in itself was a miracle. I lost a total of close to 80 pounds from March to August. I then, stopped, due to whatever, and didnt pick it up again.

Fast forward to June of last year, I was at 335 pounds. Im not sure anyone's take on HCG, but I got the real stuff, and shed 100 pounds from June until the end of December. Im now at 227, and I do nothing but MFP. Watch my calories like a hawk, and exercise 5 nights a week. I can run now. I run, simply because I can. Ill never be a small gal. But Im the smallest Ive ever been, in a size 12/14. Im happy with this. My goal weight is 180. I feel like that's healthy since my moms side of the family, the women are naturally jacked. So, if anyone is in the NC area, and needs some cans crushed, rest assured I can probably do it with my knees. haha.

So thats that. You are look fabulous. Its totally do able. <3
  • insolent
    insolent Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    160 pounds lost, star wars fan, and also live in NC? You did good. Really good!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Wow! Such a pretty face :-)
  • 0AmyMarie0
    Options
    What an amazing job!! Congratulations!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Great job! & I love your tattoos!
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    girl, you are awesome!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Wow, these pictures are amazing! You look fantastic!!!
  • Christina269
    Options
    Beautiful then and beautiful and HEALTHY now!!! Great job!!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look freaking amazing! 160 lbs is an incredible amount, A+++!
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You don't even look like you weigh over 150 lbs! You look AMAZING!! Great job! Thanks for posting this. I've been working hard and I really hope that it comes off. Seeing people achieve this is amazing. I have about 120 lbs to lose until I'm at a "happy weight" and then I'll go from there and decide if i need to lose an extra 20 or not! Thanks for posting this! So beautiful, before and now!
  • andforpoise
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome job!! Also, you look way smaller than 228! I hope that's a compliment? Incredible work!
  • ElizabethKathrynJ
    Options
    Wow!!! You look fantastic!!!! :)<3:D Congratulations! Oh, and I LOVE your shirt! :D Keep it up, girrrl! :)
  • sailorgrad
    Options
    What an inspiration! As a person starting from about where you did, it's great to see such a transformation. Thank you for sharing!
  • kam_gill
    kam_gill Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Thats amazing!! Good Job!!!
  • Hollyjd1019
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing and so happy.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Amazing - what have you been doing?

you are so beautiful - congrats on all your accomplishments!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!