pounds lost = inches off

Options
I have a question... on average how many pounds do you have to lose in order to see one inch come off your waist? I know this varies for everyone, but I was just wondering what you guys have found.

Replies

• allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    I have a question... on average how many pounds do you have to lose in order to see one inch come off your waist? I know this varies for everyone, but I was just wondering what you guys have found.
  • paula123
    paula123 Posts: 91
    Options
    I've lost about 6-7lbs off my weight and only 1.5 inchs off my waist
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3 stone so far - and only 4 inches off my waist, I have lost weight all over but can't find all the docs for it yet - when I find them, I'll let you know.
    Jackie :flowerforyou:
  • jersygirl09
    Options
    If you are doing any weight training you might not lose anything to see inches come off because you are toning muscle which makes you trimmer. You might even gain a little weight - muscle weighs more than fat.

I haven't really measured myself so i can't really answer your specific question but thought you might be interested in that tidbit. Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • AmyLou9903
    Options
    I carry all my weight in my midsection, so for me to see a 1 inch difference it's more like 10-12 pounds of weight loss.