Post Exercise Snacks?

Options
Hi,

I usually exercise after my last big meal for the day (dinner) so I was wondering what are good snacks to eat after exercising to get some of the exercise calories back?

What do you guys eat after you have exercised? Usually I eat a yogurt, but given that they only have around 95 calories and I usually burn between 350 and 400 cals per exercise session, that is not enough.

I look forward to your advise :smile:

Replies

• Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    Hi,

I usually exercise after my last big meal for the day (dinner) so I was wondering what are good snacks to eat after exercising to get some of the exercise calories back?

What do you guys eat after you have exercised? Usually I eat a yogurt, but given that they only have around 95 calories and I usually burn between 350 and 400 cals per exercise session, that is not enough.

I look forward to your advise :smile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I always eat a complex carbohydrate to refill stored sugar in the body that's used for exercise, along with a protein for muscle repair when my body needs it most. Fat isn't really necessary at that point but it's not harmful either.
  • e11xoxo
    e11xoxo Posts: 86
    Options
    I've read that it's good to eat protein 30 minutes after a work-out so I eat nuts. I also like to eat fruit. Apples keep me nice and full until the morning.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I do protein shakes, bars or my favorite almonds or cashews.
  • nroesler
    nroesler Posts: 81
    Options
    oddly enough Chocolate Milk has the ideal fat to calorie ratio to rebuild muscles after a hard workout. It's delicious and it works! :bigsmile: