Any suppliments that I can take for energy/metabolism boost?

Options
I know there are no magic pills to make you lose weight. I know it's all about discipline. I have been doing this for 10 days now, and have only lost 1lb. I do zumba at least 3 times a week, and for the most part have been staying in my calorie range. I know hard work will eventually pay off. I was just wondering, is there any suppliments to boost my energy or metabolism, or both??? I think if I had more energy I could work out more/longer. And, anything to help my metabolism speed up would be helpful. I see all of these diet pill adds that are supposed to do wonders, I was just wondering if any of you have tried them? What works??? Thanks!

Replies

• IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ever tried Beachbody products? Shakeology is suppose to be the best!!!! I'm not a coach, but I can refer you to one.

Joyce
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B-12 and also vitamin D
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I tried capsiplex in the beginning as I had no energy to exercise for long but after one of these I could manage a 2 hour workout at 5am! It has capsicum in that is found naturally in chilli peppers, but if you find them too hot to eat, these have same ingredients and tablet is coated to save you the heartburn!

I found them useful for the first month or so when I had loads to lose, however i found my body got used to them and I lost the effect, but by that time I could manage an hours exercise by myself, they did help to build up my fitness levels, but also as I could manage much more intense levels of exercise I lost 13" off stomach and 7 " off waist and haven't lost any more inches since.. I am considering getting another bottle of them to get a few more inches off after a 6 month break from them and hoping it works again to get last few inches/pounds off.
  • mrscdgogan
    Options
    I tried capsiplex in the beginning as I had no energy to exercise for long but after one of these I could manage a 2 hour workout at 5am! It has capsicum in that is found naturally in chilli peppers, but if you find them too hot to eat, these have same ingredients and tablet is coated to save you the heartburn!

I found them useful for the first month or so when I had loads to lose, however i found my body got used to them and I lost the effect, but by that time I could manage an hours exercise by myself, they did help to build up my fitness levels, but also as I could manage much more intense levels of exercise I lost 13" off stomach and 7 " off waist and haven't lost any more inches since.. I am considering getting another bottle of them to get a few more inches off after a 6 month break from them and hoping it works again to get last few inches/pounds off.

Where do you get them at???
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options

I take these too. I'm not sure that you can really say they increase metabolism, but they do reduce the effects of fatigue if you are deficient in either of these nutrients.
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    ADVOCARE
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    b-12 and b complex is what i take =D
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife meal replacement/protein shakes and an herbal tea that boosts my metabolism and gives me tremendous energy due to the proper nutrients my body is getting. If your energy is low it may be due to the foods you are eating or nutrients your not getting from all the processed foods out there.
  • CanDurkin
    Options

^this^
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    a 1lb in 10 days is a good loss.

To boost your metabolism, you need to build lean muscle...for energy, I agree with b vitamins...in addition to carbs to fuels your workouts.
  • aammy123
    Options
    Dr Oz recommends Raspberry ketones I have not tried it yet but am getting some to try. you can go to Dr. Oz website to check it out for yourself. Good Luck !!!
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options

^this^

These are the main vitamins in One-A-Day Energy. I don't take them religiously, but I should...
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz recommends Raspberry ketones I have not tried it yet but am getting some to try. you can go to Dr. Oz website to check it out for yourself. Good Luck !!!

umm, yea. It's only shown to have results in lab mice...non-significant results at that.

Wanna boost your metabolism? Hit heavy weight and don't undereat. Harder than popping a pill, but proven effective.
  • hunnyspice
    hunnyspice Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My mom used One-A-Day Energy Multivitamin. It worked great for my mom and you get a multivitamin in the deal.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    No, there is not. If you believe the hype it's just a marketing scam. Just make sure to do something active every day and don't forget to fuel your machine.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options

Where do you get them at???

I bought my first few bottles off ebay cheaper, (£20 instead of £30!) but the last bottle I got. I'm not sure if they were a copy but they really burned from putting them on tongue so they either weren't coated or copies, so I'd get next ones from official site.

http://capsiplexstore.co.uk/
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options

From personal experience, Rasberry Ketones may decrease appetite, but that's about it.
  • glenclewis
    glenclewis Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi going on two years now. Use it for cutting and gaining.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    the only thing that will boost energy levels (you naturally produce HGH!) is to stimulate your body with heavy weight lifting. Get on a machine if you don't know how to lift, start at an uncomfortably heavy weight that you can move for 10 reps, then UP that weight for a couple of more sets. That weight should be heavy!

a half hour weight lifting workout that makes you sweat will empower your body to naturally release HGH, and improve your energy levels. And let you sleep fantastically. Who needs "supplementation" when your body naturally creates the hormones you need to safely increase energy and vitality?
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    P.S. Herbalife is a scam. Why support a company like that?

http://www.freewebs.com/herbalifereport/