Tell us about your valentine <3

Options

Replies

• seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    My Valentine is my husband, Jeremy. We've been married for 4 years and together for 6. We've never really did anything on the day. He thinks that every day should be special and couples showing their love not just one random day out of the year. We've been though a lot of different things, way too much to get into on here. We've have been though more things in these short years then most couples will ever have to go though, but I wouldn't change a thing. So I may not get a fancy dinner or roses, but I get to lay my head down next to him every night.

This is so beautiful......:flowerforyou:
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Learning more about the perfect one as I write this... more details later. :drinker:
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My valentine is my husband, Jay. He proposed after knowing me a week, he was 30 and I was 19. This June will be our 19th anniversary, this August we will have been together 20 years. He lived 2 hours away the whole time we were engaged (9 months), and tells everyone that all he needed all along was to come back home and find a hometown gal. No one thought it would last.. the age difference, among other things, but we've proved them all wrong, and we love each other more with each passing year. We've been through hell and back (both of our children are special needs and we've literally almost lost our little girl three times), and yet we are happy, and I am looking forward to growing old(er) with him.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Learning more about the perfect one as I write this... more details later. :drinker:

Awwwwwww!!!!!!!!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i haven't asked him yet, eeeek! i hope he says yes! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My Valentine is Domingo, the most wonderful man I have ever met! He is kind to me and to everyone he meets! He has a great sense of humor, and doesn't get angry with me when I am in a bad mood (lots). He never criticizes my appearance, and has always appreciated my body, whatever my size. The most amazing thing about him is that he always has energy, even though he works two demanding full time jobs in order to support his family. I knew he was the one for me when we took a trip together, and we didn't get angry or frustrated at each other the entire time!
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My valentine is Ace. Ace is my Acer laptop. I plan to spend all day cuddling close with him and playing Sims 3 yep.

/single life

lololol #ForeverAlone. Sims is awesome though. :)
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    i lost my valentine...........today
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Change of seasons ...
  • katisabanana
    katisabanana Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    my valentine is my bestfriend, and we're driving her mother home, about 1.5 hours, each way. pretttyyy good date.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    i lost my valentine...........today

Sorry :cry: That is sad.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My valentine is my wonderful fiance. He is my best friend, my love, and my hero. We have been together (more or less) for 6 years. He is in the Marine Corps and he is currently deployed. We have been through a lot together and there will be so much more when we get to start our lives together. Until then, I will be waiting for him to come home to a thinner, fitter me, and I will be loving him from this side of the world! <3
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Love reading all the sweet valentine posts :) I'm such a hopeless romantic...

My valentine is my boyfriend. We've been together officially for a little over four months, but have been "dating" for about seven. He is amazing and treats me like a queen. He works for a cinematography company where he edits wedding videos and commercials, and occasionally composes original music for the videos (I'm a huge music nerd, so this is part of why we work). We're going to go to dinner at the same place we went on our first date :) He's out of town right now and I miss him terribly!

I've never had a "real" valentines day before because my ex (whom I was with for 2 years) and I were long-distance. Our first valentine's day together we had breakfast and then I spent the next 7 hours alone in the car driving away from him. Our next valentines day I didn't even get to see him. All the years before that I've been single in February! I cannot put into words how excited I am for Tuesday :)
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My valentine is my husband Brad. Been together almost 9 years and married for a year and a half. We have been through so much together that I know nothing can tear us apart. Only God knows how we got through it together and never broke up. I am so in love with him and I don't think he really even understands how much. :heart:
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Ok. This valentine's day will be the 34th that I've spent with my husband. We met when we were two... ;-)! But seriously, yes, 34 years. We met in December, started dating in January, but we don't remember what day that was. We do remember our 1st Valentine's day together, so we've always used that as our anniversary. Later, when we got married, my husband wanted to get married on Valentine's day, and we did. So it's a double anniversary for us.

The secret? It's corny, but he's my best friend. After all these years we can still make each other laugh. We can drive each other crazy too, but sometimes we can say only one word to each other and communicate volumes.

He's been with me through skinny and fat, and now to fit. He's not the easiest person, but neither am I. We've never expected perfection, and we've learned to both be humble and that true love is giving in to the other person at times, and standing up for what we want at others. It's communicate, communicate, communicate, and on top of it all, forgive each other for being human.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    my valentine is my husband of almost a year. (the cutie in the pic over there)

we met online about 3 years ago, luckily he only lived about a half hour away. we dated for a year and a half before he proposed. then we spent the whole 9 months of our engagement living in different states and only seeing each other, maybe, once every six weeks. last year we didn't get to see each other for valentine's day.... but he sent me a super cute bear and flowers with a card that said something like "i wish i could be there to celebrate with you, let the bear stand in for me until i see you again. the flowers are the closest to hugs and kisses i could send." then he came home a few weeks later and surprised me with a romantic date to make up for not being there.

this year we are having a romantic dinner at home with the kitties.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    My MFP besties is my valentine. Singles celebrating it as singles :)
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    My valentine is my amazing best friend and love of 3 years. Aw, just thinking about him makes me all gooey :3
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My valentine is Ace. Ace is my Acer laptop. I plan to spend all day cuddling close with him and playing Sims 3 yep.

/single life

I have already planned a spike day for Valentines Day... I think I will try to beat the sims that day... maybe I can go from start to finish in one day!! :love: The sims is the bomb! Living la vida single. :smooched:

Edit: My laptop is also an acer.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    My hubs, Rob. We've been through it all...2 divorces(yes, from each other), 3 marriages(yes, to each other), 4 kids, 2 adoptions, 5 grandkids, and 26 years. Right now, we're struggling to keep it together through all the challenges that life has been throwing our way.