shrimp etoufette?

Options
buffjess
buffjess Posts: 382
anyone got a recipe? my husband wants some for supper, and well i dunno how to cook it!:blushing: lol...HELP PLEASE!

Replies

• buffjess
    Options
    anyone got a recipe? my husband wants some for supper, and well i dunno how to cook it!:blushing: lol...HELP PLEASE!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    What the crap is an 'etoufette'? :indifferent:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I am sure instead of the crawfish you could just use shrimp

Crawfish Etouffee
    makes 4 servings
    2 Tbsp heart healthy margarine, such as Smart Balance
    1 lb Louisiana crawfish tails
    1 tsp Creole seasoning, such as Tony Chachere’s (more or less to taste)
    1 onion, chopped
    1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tsp corn starch
    1 c cold water
    2 Tbsp green onions, chopped

Season crawfish tails with Creole seasoning. Melt margarine in heavy sauce pan and saute crawfish for 3 minutes. Remove crawfish from pot with a slotted spoon into a bowl. Add onions, bell peppers and garlic to pan and saute for 10 minutes. Add back crawfish to the vegetable mixture. Dissolve cornstarch in cold water. Stir into pan with crawfish and vegetables and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve over rice and garnish with green onions.
  • buffjess
    Options

Well, I may have spelled it wrong, but its kinda like shrimp gumbo:bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Well, I may have spelled it wrong, but its kinda like shrimp gumbo:bigsmile:

I don't think you spelled it wrong. That's how it's spelled in the recipes. I've just never heard of such a thing!!! Sometimes recipes and ingredients make me feel like a country bumpkin! (Yeeeehaw!! haha)
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Can I come over for dinner??? :love: :love:
  • shababy
    shababy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Shrimp etouffe is the best! Try it over brown rice for a healthier version. :happy: