HELP! 15 lbs lost in first 3.5 weeks...now MAJOR PLATEAU

Options
and i havent lost anythingin last week...any advice and guidance is greatly appreciated...God bless! :)

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    One week without a loss is not a plateau, that's called normal! Weight loss is not linear, fluctuations always happen (daily). Not to mention, losing 15 pounds in 3.5 weeks is not healthy or sustainable. Most have a big initial loss due to water weight but that evens off after a week or so. Also, make sure you have MFP set to lose 1 pound a week (or 0.5 lb/week if you don't have much to lose).
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My last plateau lasted 3 months. One week of not losing is good. Remember, to include your TOM!!! That can be a big part of it. :) You look great!
  • countryclubber
    Options
    thanks...all...i have 40 more lbs to go...i also have addisons and am on 2 corticosteroids and synthroid...(the reason for the weight gain to begin with) it's extremely difficult to lose past this point...have done it a couple of times already and hit same plateau

i never had problems dieting before the steroids...now i cant seem to lose with them..it's a lifelong thing i deal with now, and it affects energy and my heart and ability to exercise on a daily basis

i play tennis 1x a week for 2.5 hrs and it's a lot for me to do...not like before where i played constantly

I soooo appreciate the support, motivation, and kindness

thank u :)
  • countryclubber
    Options
    oh, and what is TOM? i'm pretty new to this...thank u :)
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    TOM = time of month
    have you taken your measurements?