What is the best Gym Cardio?

Options
2»

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Stair Master.

I burn on average 450-500 calories in a 40 minutes session. I set it anywhere between level 7 and 10 and I try to do most of it without holding on! Wicked!

I love that machine! :flowerforyou:

stairmaster.jpg

Me too!!! My max was level 12 for 30 minutes. Wicked indeed! :sick:

I LOOOOOVE Body Step. It's an intense step aerobics class. It incorporates plyometrics too, which I also love. :love:

You both so Rock. :drinker:
    I'm finally up to level 7 for 30 min. It definitely kills me. :bigsmile:

I prefer theShannonMaster...quite a workout and will fetch drinks afterwards:wink:
  • rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Options
    I am a big fan of rowing machines. Cardio wise, it is almost as good as a treadmill, is a full body workout, and since there is no impact - you save your joints.

With a HRM, I have measured my heart rate at close to 200 BPM when doing a measured 30 minute piece - hard to do that on any machine other than a treadmill.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    spin, spin, spin!!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    i do elptical and treadmill for my cardio but right now also working out with personal trainer as well.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Best use of your time would be to switch between all of the cardio options. Your body gets used to a single type of exercise somewhat quickly. As you get more used to it, your body has to work less to perform that exercise because it makes itself more efficient. So if you keep switching it up, your body doesn't have that option. So use all of them!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    All the machines there are good. The major question is which is the hardest for you? Thats the machine you want to go on. Also which gets your heart rate up the most. My thing is the tredmill, jump roping, and Eliptical. Ususally jump rope for 10 mins, go on the eliptical for 15 (on interval program), and then free style on the tredmill for 20 - 30. The tredmill does not have to be only for running. You can walk/run on incline, walk/run backwards, skip to the side, etc. So each one of those I do 5 mins intervals. My cardio goes by like nothing and my heart rate goes way up. Also, when I am in a stump I go on youtube. Helps me every time!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    and Zumba would be?

its a class, I know they offer it at Good Life in Canada not sure where else .
    Yea they have them in Chicago too..... Never took it.