Lunch time exercise

Options
I'd like to start doing my cardio at lunch, but I don't think I have the time and don't want to be all sweaty/stinky returning to work, any suggestions? Does anyone do this?

Replies

• sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I'd like to start doing my cardio at lunch, but I don't think I have the time and don't want to be all sweaty/stinky returning to work, any suggestions? Does anyone do this?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I do it but my gym has shower facilities.

I get to the gym, change out, do 30 min of cardio, 3-5 min stretching, shower, change and am back to my desk without roughly an hour.

I eat lunch at 12p, go workout around 2:30p. I love this schedule.

I dunno about you, but I'm not a terribly stinky person. A quick rinse in the showers, more deo and a light body spray and I'm good. If I am still hot, I turn a fan on at my desk and chug my water.
  • sarabear
    Options
    I do it but my gym has shower facilities.

I get to the gym, change out, do 30 min of cardio, 3-5 min stretching, shower, change and am back to my desk without roughly an hour.

I eat lunch at 12p, go workout around 2:30p. I love this schedule.

I dunno about you, but I'm not a terribly stinky person. A quick rinse in the showers, more deo and a light body spray and I'm good. If I am still hot, I turn a fan on at my desk and chug my water.
    What about your hair, this is what I'm mostly concerned about. Mine is really sweaty after, and I think it'd be stinky.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    When it was long, I'd pull it back in a pony tail and manage okay. Now that it's short, there is no where to pull it to, so I just wear it as is.

My scalp does sweat so I do what I see other women in my gym do -- blowdry my hair (without washing it) to dry off the scalp and wet hair.

I don't think most people are as 'stinky' as they think they might be after a good workout.... just my opinion. :wink:
  • sarabear
    Options
    Thanks! my in laws used to watch the kids in the evenings, but they have moved out of town, so I was looking for alternatives other than doing at hom DVD's in the evening, I just can't get motivated at home.
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    If you are worried about your hair just put a little baby power in it. It also works wonders if you don't have time to wash it for a day or two.....not that I ever do that :blushing: but I do have a 2 y/o, work, and school, so I may not have the time to wash my hair everyday
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    a quick shower then I usually put shower to shower on my hand (LITTLE at a time or you'll look grey) and fluff thru my hair - helps absorb the wetness and smells good - it's a quick fix when I don't have time to wash it. Dry my bangs with hairdryer touch on the rest then pull it back.
  • sarabear
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful hints on powder!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I love the mid day work-out. I am a home daycare provider and I work 11 hour days so my time before and after work is limited. Sometimes (usually when I do not have an infant in the program) they all nap at the same time and I go into the den and do a work-out dvd or run on the eliptical. I have long curly hair so I can get away with getting really sweaty and then combing it out and fluffing it up a bit after it dries. The kids have never complained about the odor but then again they sometimes do not smell the best.:ohwell:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    The kids have never complained about the odor but then again they sometimes do not smell the best.:ohwell:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: