how much is not enuff?

Options
Valqis
Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
I have been working my diet for 3 months now, and have lost 35 pounds, but have some concerns about my calorie intake. According to my goals, it says that I am supposed to be consuming approximately 1310 calories a day, with no exercising included to boost my calorie intake.

My problem is, I have problems even hitting 1200 calories, and am eating 3 meals plus 2-3 snacks a day, and still have 50-60 calories that need to be eaten to get to reach 1200 at the end of the day. :noway: Some people on the site are saying that I am not eating enough calores, and that is causing my weight to plateau, but how can I eat more when I am not hungry. :grumble: I drink 1/2 gallon of water a day or more, does this have anything to do with it?

More importantly how many calories am i supposed to be eating, as some people on here are saying that a man should not eat under 1700 calories???

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!

:frown: :cry:

Replies

• Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I have been working my diet for 3 months now, and have lost 35 pounds, but have some concerns about my calorie intake. According to my goals, it says that I am supposed to be consuming approximately 1310 calories a day, with no exercising included to boost my calorie intake.

My problem is, I have problems even hitting 1200 calories, and am eating 3 meals plus 2-3 snacks a day, and still have 50-60 calories that need to be eaten to get to reach 1200 at the end of the day. :noway: Some people on the site are saying that I am not eating enough calores, and that is causing my weight to plateau, but how can I eat more when I am not hungry. :grumble: I drink 1/2 gallon of water a day or more, does this have anything to do with it?

More importantly how many calories am i supposed to be eating, as some people on here are saying that a man should not eat under 1700 calories???

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!

:frown: :cry:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what you are eating that keeps your calorie count low? I struggle sometimes to keep mine at 1500.
    I think for a guy you should be eating more. Did you use to eat more calories and then drop down to the 1200 when you started wanting to lose weight?

Sorry I have more questions than answers.