How do you guys feel about 30 day shred?

Options
I have seen many of you talking about the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. How have the results been? I am thinking about giving this a shot.

Replies

• katisabanana
    katisabanana Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have seen many of you talking about the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. How have the results been? I am thinking about giving this a shot.

i really like it, i don't think it does much in the way of cardio and stuff for me, but its great for strength training.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I heard loads of people talking about it on here so I bought it but was kinda disappointed with it.

I'm used to doing Body Attack so cardio-wise I really didn't feel it was doing much. I guess the strength part of it was all right but also, thought it was boring. Level 1 was too easy, so went onto Level 2 the second day. That was too easy so went onto Level 3 the third day and after a few days of doing the same 20 minute workout that wasn't really making me work that hard, I just stopped it and carried on with my gym stuff.

:(

See a lot of people on here having amazing results with it, though!
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love it. I am on day 9, level 1 and can't wait to start level 2. I wasn't doing much cardio before I started but I was doing ab workouts so the ab routines in 30ds are least challenging for me but still feel like a good workout. It's a quick workout but very effective.
    I don't thinks a great workout to lose tons of weight but tgreat to tone up. I notice a diff in my before pics and currents pics already and my clothes fit better. Search on here for results or google. That's what I did on a to keep motivated :)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    It is very good if you're a beginner at strength training and cardio. If you've conditioned yourself, then it will probably not be as effective. For the average active person it will make you sweat.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I love it...been doing it for a few months now, and she still makes me sweat! It's a great workout and over quickly enough!
  • katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Its great for beginners... If you want more of a challenge i would defintely do Ripped in 30, which is also a 30 day program... Or.. her new dvd body revolution which is 90 days (both jillian workouts)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Does it hurt?
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It was challenging for me as my upper body strength is nonexistent. By the end of the 30 days (didn't do it everyday) I was able to do a push up with no problem. I lost inches... the biggest change was in my already small bust. I was definitely leaner however, I didn't care for the training philosophy of building the upper body (and lower body) for the illusion of an hour glass figure. My arms were too muscular for my taste. So decreased boobage and larger arms.... I'll pass!
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian's 30DS and one other video. She kicks my butt! I don't really care for her personality so I can't do the video for 30 days straight, LOL. I always get a good sweat going with her though.
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I was going to start it today but after negociations, the bf won and I will start it tomorrow instead. However I plan on doing this + zumba fitness whenever I'm able to slip it in my schedule. I watched it today and I can tell that I will find it hard at first but reading all the reviews, seeing the before-after pics and so on, I can't pass! I already know where it will be in my schedule and all, hihi!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!