Dinner tonight?

Options
I need a dinner idea! Sick of the same ol same ol....What are you making for dinner?

Replies

• leanmachinedream
    Options
    I have no idea. I'll probably make a pasta dish for everyone else and have baked broccoli and carrots for myself. I had some cookies and candy earlier that I shouldn't have.
  • Mylissa6
    Mylissa6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just went to Costco so I will be having Tilapia, steamed red potatos and roasted green beans. Because of a large family with a busy schedule a couple nights a week we have sandwiches and at least one night a week delight pizza. It does get boring having the same things over and over, so I would love to hear what others are having as well.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Probably a stir-fry--lots of veggies and shiratake noodles, I love that I can eat a huge volume of this.
  • jobie4153
    Options
    Homemade chili (Super Bowl leftovers) served over pasta...a change from meatballs and Italian sausages.
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Homemade sesame chicken! It's my husband's favorite, so we have to have it once a month or so. it is pretty delicious!
  • milersad1323
    milersad1323 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Steelhead salmon, rice, and sauteed grean beans. Yum!
  • imaginaryplaces
    imaginaryplaces Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A spinach and mushroom frittata. Last night we made curried butternut squash with brown rice.
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    ground chicken in mushroom gravy over brown rice.....
    Needed something quick and easy to feed the hubby and girls since I've got a headache and was in no mood to be at the stove LOL
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    A giant salad: tuna, feta cheese, avocado, mushrooms, turnips, baby salad greens, arugula, candy onions. Can't wait :)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Steak with some kind of veggie and a salad.

Feel free to look through my diary and get some ideas.
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    not the healthiest thing ever, but:

Tamale casserole
    1 tube of polenta (I usually use about 4/5, but have some left over)
    1 can la preferida low fat refried black beans
    1lb laura's lean beef, browned (92/8)
    1 can red enchilada sauce (low fat)
    1/2 cup 2% shredded cheese (I use 4-cheese Mexican blend)

line bottom of 8x8 or 9x9 pan with 1/2 inch polenta rounds, top with half of the enchilada sauce, layer all of the refried beans, all of the beef, then top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. bake till heated through

4 servings
    453 calories
    47g carbs
    14g fat
    34g protein
    7g fiber
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I work 'til 10 p.m. so rather than a real dinner I have a sandwich and lunch box snacks throughout the evening. Tonight it's turkey and provolone on whole wheat bread. I have some apple slices and some chips and salsa in my bag, too. My lunch was more my dinner - chicken breast and steamed broccoli. Yum!
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    BLT's!! Yummo!
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Twice this week, I've done breakfast for dinner. One was stuffed french toast, the other was this very reasonable toaster over huevos rancheros (although I made it in the regular oven for 2 people):

http://books.google.com/books?id=QKQApAW8nxoC&pg=PA28&dq=breakfast+tostada+recipe+toaster+oven&hl=en&sa=X&ei=OAIzT5a4NuPUiAKgnunVCg&ved=0CEkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=breakfast tostada recipe toaster oven&f=false
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Chicken Enchilada Soup for me...Yum! :flowerforyou:
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Low sugar smokey orange chicken over sticky rice! It's so yummy- chicken breasts baked in a mixture of SF orange marmalade, soy sauce, red chilie flakes, minced garlic and liquid smoke in the oven for 30 minutes at 400. High protien, low-cal. Love it!
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Egg Drop Soup and a Salad!!!
  • shopperchick17
    shopperchick17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm making ground chicken breast lettuce wraps.
  • African_Goddess
    Options
    Baked trout with tomato sauce, lemons and parsley. and a big salad on the side.