Newbi to this site

Options
I am new to this site but not new to the ups and down of weight lost. About 30 years ago I weighed 280 pounds. I was able to lose 130 pounds over a period of 2 1/2 years. I was able to keep my weight between 150 and 180 until my husband died 3 years ago. I fell into the habit of eating fast food and junk food and lots of pizza and asta. After hitting 206 at the doctors 2 weeks ago I decided that this has to be the year for total change. I am proud to say that since Feb. 1st I have given up all fast food. No soda, chips,pizza or pasta.

I have started to eat healthier and by that I mean fresh fruits and vegetables. My problem is i don't really know many healthy recipes. If any one has ideas please help. Also what are good exercises that some one with a bad back, knees that have been operated on and a bad shoulder can do. Can't do alot of repetative motion.

Also I love smoothies that I can keep at under 150 calories and need ideas.
Well thanks for reading and add me please

rscrappy

Replies

• suelew33
    suelew33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too am new to this site. But also not new to dieting..My daughter told me about this site and she is doing pretty good..One thing I noticed is since I've gotten older I need to eat much, much less. That's not easy because I've been an emotional eater most of my life and overweight..I am having a hard time now getting around and feel very tired alot, so that a big reason I want to loose weight..Besides, I refuse to buy a larger size. I been staying at the calories and keeping the record..It's only been a couple of days so I'll see what happens..One thing that makes me feel really good is to eat an egg sandwich for breakfast..I use 2 slices of lite bread..With this I have an apple and cup of coffee..I can't give up my coffee, but only drink one..I also gave up my pop and goodies..I saw on doctor Oz show, that if you follow the plan for 6 days you can have a faturday..That way your metabolizum is tricked..So I can go out once a week and not feel quilty. But still eat healty.I used to eat at fast food places alot to, but cut that too. It will save $ also. Good Luck, I wish you the best. Sounds like your on track and doing the right thing..Keep it up! Sue