What's your favorite way to cook chicken?

Options
2»

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    bump for later:)
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    #1 - Grilled
    #2 - Grill pan
    #3 - Roasted
    #4 - Cubed and Pan cooked

The woman I love, introduced me to Montreal Chicken Seasoning by McCormick and it is fantastic.

Otherwise, Cayenne, Chili Powder, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, and a pinch of salt.
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like to just cook mine in a pan with some olive oil of Pam. If you use a more standard seasoning like Italian, garlic powder, salt you can save the chicken and use it for different things, like topping a salad. One of my favorite lunches is a chicken caesar wrap with 1/3 cup chicken, spinach, high fiber low carb tortilla, caesar dressing, croutons, onion, and tomato. Delicious and under 300 calories. You can also cook some w/ Frank's Buffalo Sauce and make a buffalo chicken wrap. Sautee onions and peppers and make fajitas.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Honey Mustard sauce, Light Mozza or any other kind of cheese, Sauteed mushrooms and Turkey bacon. Called a Aussie Chicken!.

home made Honey mustard:
    Honey 3 Tbsp
    light Mayo 1 Tbsp
    Mustard 3 Tbsp
  • christypaxson
    Options
    I place all the chicken in a glassware..add a few spices, and seasonings whatever your favorite are. Put a 1/2 cup chicken broth in the pan..cover with tin foil bake for 3hrs at 250degrees. It falls right apart.. Then eat it with rice or your favorite side.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    * marinade overnight with fat free italian and then bake.
    * half cup low sodium ck broth + ck breast in crockpot on high for about 2 hours
    * salsa + taco sauce+ chicken in crockpot on high about two hours (thawed chicken of course)

I either bake or use the crockpot. I really like throwing a punch in the crockpot with a little broth and then using it with tons of other things during the week since the flavor isn't over powering
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I bake it and only sprinkle Johny salt, very good and the only cals are the ones that the chicken already has, best way to cook it when on a diet
  • slimmersooner
    slimmersooner Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We also love curry here. Tonight we had our favorite. Sautee some garlic, add chopped chicken and sautee. Add cut up red and green sweet peppers and some onions. Cook until tender. Pour one can of lite coconut milk into the pan and curry to taste. If you choose to add even more flavor, (but it adds more calories) add some lite peanut butter. Oh, so good.
    Serve with whole grain brown rice. Yummy!
  • kittybitz79
    Options
    I grill all my chicken then put them in Tupperware in my fridge to add to meals.

1) usually gets put under the broiler for just a few minutes with a little bbq and shredded cheese
    2) Usually gets made into a quick easy stir fry. Just add chicken, frozen stifry veggies, 1 Tbsp General Tso and 1 Tbsp chicken broth.
    3) Usually gets thrown into a Chicken Ceasar Salad.
    4) Last one usually ends up in some pasta dish I am making that week.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    No matter what I'm doing with it, I almost always bake chicken the same way...

Add a 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar to the pan, a drizzle of olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 375'. It makes a very, very moist, flavorful chicken that goes well with just about everything. I'll make a batch of that and stick it in the fridge, and then shred it for tacos, reheat it in the oven with marinara and mozzarella, shred it for fried rice, use it for a pot pie, make chicken salad, reheat it in the oven with salsa and cheese, put it over a salad... Cooking with raw chicken freaks me out, and I like to have fast options during the week, so this is a great way to do it. It's essentially my own version of the pre-cooked chicken strips that you get in the cooler at the grocery store, sans preservatives.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Chipotle bbq sauce!

Buy a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and either put it in your food processor or blender and process until mostly smooth. Add 1/4 - 1/2 the mixture (depending on taste) to one bottle of cheapest or your favorite bbq sauce. Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional) mix well. Put on boneless skinless chicken breast and bake until done! This sauce is also good for dipping! Yuuuummm
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I use either kraft balsamic vinegrette or sun dried tomato and oregano (low cal) and stir fry it with all sorts of veggies.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Chicken with garlic spinach and tomatoes

1. Get a square of tinfoil and scrunch up the edges to make a mini-dish
    2. Put a handful of spinach in the middle
    3. Put a few cherry or chopped fresh tomatoes on top
    4. Put some crushed garlic and black pepper on
    5. Pop the breast on top
    6. Put a slice of mozzarella on top (or leave off, depending on where your calorie count is up to)
    7. Sprinkle any type of dried or fresh herbs on top
    8. Pop in the oven on 180C for 30-40 mins until piping hot and cooked all the way through
    9. Eat! (lovely with wholewheat pasta or a baked potato)

Just one minute to prepare... and enough time to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred while it cooks!