Is it possible to lose 8.8lbs = 4kg a month ?

Options
Do you guys think its possible to lose about 1 kg = 2.2 pounds a week? that's in total 4kg's = 8.8lbs a month? I am 159 to 160 cm tall that's like 5'2 and weigh about 72.5kg which in pounds about 159.5lbs. I want to get down to 55kg = 121lbs by August 1st, so basically i got 5 months to achieve it!

Any helpful tips will be great too :)

Replies

• pigwidgeon82
    pigwidgeon82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    they say healthy weight loss is no more than 2lbs a week, but most people lose a lot less than that a week. of course, that varies with people depending on how much their starting weight is.
  • AngelJordan
    AngelJordan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I lost 2kg last week. I'm hoping i can keep it up, at least for awhile. But i am alot heavier than you, I'm trying to get to your current weight
  • klhinrichsen
    klhinrichsen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I say try whatever calories and exercise plan you got in mind to lose 2.2 lbs a week for two weeks and see how you feel. I know the minimum calories is 1200 for women but for me 5'2" at 118, I decided to only consume 1100 total. I increased my exercises without raising my caloric intake all the way up to match it. In 2 weeks- I've lost 2 lbs. I have only one more lb to go and I feel fine.
  • yeremeyeva
    Options
    I would say it's totally possible. You just need to eat really clean & be VERY consistent with your exercise. You are aiming a little higher than a healthy weight loss, but as long as you fill up on good, nutiritious food you should be fine.

Good luck!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    It's possible. At your weight it's not probable though. You'd have to be super strict the entire time and where's the fun in that? I have lost (on average) 1kg a week but I'm currently 40kg heavier than you.

It's not a unhealthy goal to have but don't be crushed if it doesn't happen.
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    you will not if you do not try,

the closer you are to your target the harder it will be,

keep up your water and maximize nutrition,

it is summer, well here in california it is, that means tomatoes and berries,

both nutritional powerhouses,

try to create your easiest, tastiest, lowest calorie menu and food list,

then open MFP each morning and keep it open until bed,

reduce your sodium to 1000mg per day,

do not become an exercise freak, needs massive protein
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Do you guys think its possible to lose about 1 kg = 2.2 pounds a week? that's in total 4kg's = 8.8lbs a month? I am 159 to 160 cm tall that's like 5'2 and weigh about 72.5kg which in pounds about 159.5lbs. I want to get down to 55kg = 121lbs by August 1st, so basically i got 5 months to achieve it!

Any helpful tips will be great too :)

I'm actually the same stats as you essentially (5'2, 157 lbs). I've been averaging 3 lbs a week, but I work out a lot (I usually burn between 1200-1600 calories a day), I eat between 1600-1900 calories a day. I would suggest working out a lot but still eating a decent amount, as that has worked for me. Also, I don't expect to continue losing at this rate since I'm getting smaller, but I try to vary my work outs quite a bit and just hope for the best! Good luck!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    The only way to find out is to TRY!

Get yourself on a good food kick, log everything, hit your macros. Drink ALL your water. Hit the gym, be active, lift heavy & often.

What's the worst that will happen? You don't make goal? You'll still be MUCH BETTER than you are now.

Kick @$$ , girlfriend. Let's see what you can do!
  • JohnFlevarakis
    Options
    I've lost 10.4 lbs in 41/2 weeks so yeah id say yes it can be done
  • musata
    musata Posts: 1
    Options
    yes, it is possible but require lots of exercise and ddiscipline - I lost about 5 kg for one month but I swam everyday - 3 km morning and 3 km in the evening, no cakes, no ice creams. It is not fun!
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It's possible but it's a very challenging goal with no room for slip-ups! Good luck!
  • R0asted
    R0asted Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My last cut I was loosing about 10 lbs a month the first two months so its possible. With that said I bumped up my cals and carbs this time to loose slower.